• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.1 crashing when opening .HEIC photo

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open a .HMIC photo on photoshop to add it to a design, however, every attemp lead to a crash of the software. Any solution?

Running latest update of adobe cloud

and latest MacOS Big Sur version

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. I was able to open .HEIC files a few weeks ago in photoshop, now today it opened one but then crashes every single time when opening others. I updated my photohop to the latest version (22.3.1) and it still crashes. I run it on a 2015 mac book pro 10.14.6 Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem on 22.4.1. Cmon Adobe, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later and not a single reply from Adobe. There are of course about 300 other results for the same question, so I'll just go waste a few hours looking at the various answers. Why these questions and forums can't be better organized is beyond me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing in December.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are running the latest Photoshop versions, then all I can think of is to covert to JPG before attaemting to open in Photoshop.  I'm sorry that that's a PITA — I know it would annoy me.  😞

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to-convert-heic-to-jpg-on-a-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines