• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop layers to PDF layers?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I would love some help. I was wondering if there is a way to export layers in Photoshop to ONE pdf file with the same layers? The only way I was able to do this is to place the psd files on InDesign and then show each layer from each page in the layer panel on InDesign and then export the file to a pdf. The problem is that I have about 250 files with a few layers in each file and it's really complicated to do it that way. I tried to make layer comps from the layers as well and then export them but it produces a pdf file for each different layer instead of one layered file

It will be awesome if you have any solution for me!
Thank:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Acrobat can't interpret Photoshop layers into PDF layers.

InDesign is a good inbetween albeit manual.

Perhaps someone has an ID script to pull your layer comps into separate layers?

There is one script that compiles ID Pages to layers, so if you were to import your PSD file into InDesign Pages, this would create the layers:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/pages-to-layers-script/td-p/10128648?page=1 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat can't interpret Photoshop layers into PDF layers.

InDesign is a good inbetween albeit manual.

Perhaps someone has an ID script to pull your layer comps into separate layers?

There is one script that compiles ID Pages to layers, so if you were to import your PSD file into InDesign Pages, this would create the layers:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/pages-to-layers-script/td-p/10128648?page=1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. If the only solution is anyway to use InDesign, so the script can be very helpful indeed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another question- lets say that instead of using InDesign, I'm using the export layer comp to pdf. after i export the layers from photoshop to acrobat, there is a way of bringing all of the different pdf files (originally the photoshop layers) to just one pdf file with layers? there is a way to do it automatically and not manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a number of third party plugins/apps that can combine separate PDF files into PDF layers. I'm not familiar with any of them enough to recommend one over the other. A google search for "Combine PDF file into PDF layers" brings up results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines