• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform tool malfunction in recent version with more than 1 shape layers selected

Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.1.0 20201125.r.94 2020/11/25: 4b16c876033 x64

Whenever i select multiple layers, very often one or more of layers are not being transformed with ctrl+t transform tool. Example to reproduce:

When i select 2 shape layers and 2 text layers then use ctrl+t to scale them together, only shapes got scaled, text layers remained unchanged.

Here is gif documenting the issue:

shapetransform.gif

Furthermore, i believe its related to problem with "show target path". WHen i disable it from view -> show -> target path it transforms properly again, however i cant see the paths even with direct seleciton tool then. And after more playing around with layers and path selection tool it defaults back to show target path again and to the problem with transforms aswell.

So in sum: I believe it could be fixed if going away from path/direct selection would disable the target path view automatically as it did before. THen it would transform properly. ANd enable target path visibility automatically when going into path or direct selection tools. In recent update somehow it must have been bugged - the toggle of that target path view and its the source of the whole problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue (Adobe Photoshop 22.1.0, Mac OS 10.15.4); maybe you should post a report over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce the issue, but for me it seems intermittent, now I can't seem to reporduce it again 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered if Paragraph Text and Type Text might behave differently but so far I cannot get the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try as I might I can't get it to happen again, when it happened it was exactly as the OP showed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though you have all layers selected, it looks like the transform is happening only to the live paths based on the bounding box. Here are a few thoughts on troubleshooting.

• You might have the the path selection tool selected when transforming, which would cause the issue you are having. After selecting the layers, press "v" to ensure the move tool is selected, then perform the transform.
  • You may try putting all of the layers into a folder, selecting the folder, then trying the transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines