• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Brush to use on Mask Layer to bring back hidden parts ?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using Photoshop on the iPad. And I am trying to remove the background from the Photo. The Steps that I am doing is First Use the Select Subject Tool to select the Subject though the select subject tool does a good job about 90% close it is not 100% accurate, so my question is what is the best way to bring back areas which the Select Subject Tool has not ommited ? After I have converted it to a Mask Layer do I use a Paint Brush to draw on Mask Layer on the Onion View to bring back portions which are not visible ? But that cannot be done with Pin Point Accuracy as I also do not have Apple Pencil I am just using my Ring finger. Which Brush type should I be using exactly for this purpose ?

MODERATOR NOTE: Moved to Photoshop on Mobile 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, paint on the mask with pure black or pure white. Be sure to paint on the mask, not the image — use your finger to slide from one to the other in Layers. Without the Apple Pencil, try zooming in and using a small brush.

Would your Index finger work better than your Ring finger? If it does, great, but I wouldn't get anywhere trying to paint with it! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha...Ha..Ha My Bad ! I meant Index Finger. I wear a Ring in my Index Finger hence called it Ring Finger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines