• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge

Advocate ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe Bridge free to install and use with Photoshop Elements?

--
Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Hi @Walter_H 

Yes, Adobe Bridge is completely free to use for anybody who has a free Creative Cloud / Adobe account.

It is one of a number of benefits that comes with having a free Creative Cloud account:

- 2GB of cloud storage

- Adobe XD (Starter Plan)

- Adobe Premiere Rush (Starter Plan)

- Adobe Premiere Rush (Beta)

- Adobe Fresco (Starter Plan)

- Adobe Bridge

- Adobe Photoshop Express (desktop app is Windows 10 only)

- Adobe Aero (Beta)

- Adobe Spark (Starter Plan)

- Over 300,000 free a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Elements uses the Organizer to manage your Photos. Bridge is an organizer for Creative Cloud's line of rented apps, Photoshop Illustrator, InDesign and so on. It's called Bridge because it acts as Asset "Bridge" for those apps, not the Elements series. So if you try, Bridge would either not download or install without a qualifying CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Elements uses the Organizer to manage your Photos. Bridge is an organizer for Creative Cloud's line of rented apps, Photoshop Illustrator, InDesign and so on. It's called Bridge because it acts as Asset "Bridge" for those apps, not the Elements series. So if you try, Bridge would either not download or install without a qualifying CC app.

By @gener7

The mention of a 'qualifying app' applies to the ACR plugin module. Used alone, Bridge does not offer any ACR plugin unless you have a 'qualifying' app to use the plugin: the full ACR plugin if you have a subscription to Photoshop, the limited ACR version for Elements if you have Elements. In my case, I have also a subscription. I can use the limited ACR plugin version of Elements or the full ACR version from Bridge. Better yet, I can use the full ACR version after uninstalling Photoshop to be able to work away from home on a very low spec computer.

That alone makes Bridge interesting for me. I don't miss Photoshop at all, but I appreciate the full ACR.

By the way, I want to state again that I can live with the recent changes in the crop tool of full ACR because the GPU is used. On the same computer with the PSE limited ACR, no GPU is used, the tool is totally unresponsive and unpredictable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input @MichelBParis. So you have a subscription and can use the full ACR. If you were to discontinue the subscription, I read that to mean you would revert to Elements' own version of ACR when using Bridge. Is that correct?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input @MichelBParis. So you have a subscription and can use the full ACR. If you were to discontinue the subscription, I read that to mean you would revert to Elements' own version of ACR when using Bridge. Is that correct?

Gene

By @gener7

Gene,

As a matter of fact, the free Bridge would only support the Elements ACR version, so, most probably I would not have a big advantage to use Bridge except perhaps for metadata handling. For very efficient use of the PSE ACR module, I would use the previous ACR version with the good old crop tool. I also take advantage of the superb scripts offered by the add-on Elements+ for raw features not available in Elements. I can do anything I need with Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the wrong forum by the way. Despite its rather grandiose rebranding, this forum is not for the Photoshop Elements app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Walter_H 

Yes, Adobe Bridge is completely free to use for anybody who has a free Creative Cloud / Adobe account.

It is one of a number of benefits that comes with having a free Creative Cloud account:

- 2GB of cloud storage

- Adobe XD (Starter Plan)

- Adobe Premiere Rush (Starter Plan)

- Adobe Premiere Rush (Beta)

- Adobe Fresco (Starter Plan)

- Adobe Bridge

- Adobe Photoshop Express (desktop app is Windows 10 only)

- Adobe Aero (Beta)

- Adobe Spark (Starter Plan)

- Over 300,000 free assets from Adobe Stock

- Over 250 free font families from Adobe Fonts

- Behance account

- And some free mobile apps. including Photoshop Camera, Photoshop Express, Comp and Capture

@gener7 See https://prodesigntools.com/free-adobe-bridge-cc.html 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, a lot has changed since I signed up many years ago. I'd be interested to find out how well this works for you @Walter_H  Please keep us updated.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, you can also use Bridge for your Microsoft files ... and more. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines