• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2021

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that al;l I get is a blank white screen trying to re-install PSE2021 to a new rig?

Windows 10 64-bit, 32Gb RAM, latest Build, all Updates that I will tolerate Microsoft with.

I have done all the necessaries, i.e. disabling AV, Windows 10 firewall, etc, etc. No joy. It just sits there frustratingly, and more to the point aggravatingly too.

Any tips?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted in the Adobe Acrobat forum, which is a different application. I will try to move your question to a more appropriate forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  With your permission, support can take control of your computer and figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Contact Support by phone?Are you kidding? What and be kept on hold while Adobe's  Support arm keeps the call-counter clicking over racking up a neat little profit? Erm, I do not think so !! Considering that we live in the 21st century and Support for a great deal of products has moved to online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting fed-up going nowhere South fast, bit teh bullet and made the call.

Eventually, after more than 2 hours with Support services in another country,all sorted.

PSE 2021 up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did they resolve the isue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted Adobe Support in London first, then had to go through the usual 'press 1 select 3' hoops, before eventually being passed on to Adobe Support in another country in Asia.

1st Support person despite almost an hour an half, of taking control of my PC, could not resolve the very same issues I was having. She deleted all other Adobe products, still no joy.

Eventually, passed over to a 2nd Support person who rather cleverly twigged that Adobe Creative Cloud,--- which I totally detest since it was directly responsible for hijacking all media files, i.e jpgs, etc, etc down to wma by hijacking everything from the Desktop, which caused enormous issues, let alone eating drive space----was the key to do a fresh install.

PSE2021 install done, I immediately set about getting rid of every aspect of Adobe Creative Cloud. I am not prepared to let it screw my media files again, and the best way to do that I found is to not Update PSE2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your suggestion, but that was done ages before your suggestion, so that too can be discounted.

Quite frankly, this PSE2021 re-installation is going pants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can get rid of that Share tab at the very right end,  as I detest Sharing anything to any site, especially Face-Rot-Book??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can get rid of that Share tab at the very right end,  as I detest Sharing anything to any site?

You can't.   BTW the Share tab also allows you to share your photos via email or create a PDF slideshow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you, I am fully aware of that PDF and email Share options too, but I do not want to share anything with anyone via any means. I just want to get rid of that Share tab once and for all. This what I utterly hate about Adobe with their bombastic ----' we know what's best for you, when we say you crap, you go take a crap!!!'

I know what I'll do next. Despite the outlay of money I spent on this Adobe crap, delete every single piece of Adobe crap infesting my PC. There are various alternatives that are not as nefarious as Adobe crap!!!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines