• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install PE2022: The installation can not continue as the installer file may be damaged

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe experts,

I purchased Photoshop Elements 2022 and I cannot install it on Windows 10. The installed would not start always compaining "The installation can not continue as the installer file may be damaged. Download the installed file again."

Using various differend browsers did not help. Neither did opening in a new tab. Or copying the file to desktop. Same result in every case.

I tried downloading from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html and from Adobe account (after registering the product key). Same results over and over again.

BTW PE2023 seems to be getting past the same point in the installation, but I do not continue as I purchased the 2022.

Kinly help, Adam.

I am running:

Windows 10 Pro

22H2

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

See if the solution found here helps you.  If not, please post a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

BTW, if you purchased Elements 2022 very recently, you may be entitled to a free upgrade to Elements 2023.   See this article.

And, finally, you can try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Thanks a lot @Greg_S. for timely and precise help.

Installing the certificate as explained in the guide did the magic. Interestingly, connected or not to the original problem, the certificate was considered invalid by Windows. Nevertheless, the OS allowed to install it, which enabled the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the solution found here helps you.  If not, please post a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

BTW, if you purchased Elements 2022 very recently, you may be entitled to a free upgrade to Elements 2023.   See this article.

And, finally, you can try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot @Greg_S. for timely and precise help.

Installing the certificate as explained in the guide did the magic. Interestingly, connected or not to the original problem, the certificate was considered invalid by Windows. Nevertheless, the OS allowed to install it, which enabled the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to install the Creative Cloud application before installing Photoshop Elements:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

I had to install it to be able to install PSE 2018 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Peru Bob. Fortunately, I didn't need to try the CC installation as the guide to install the certificate coming with the installer enabled it to go through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob, ISTR that for Elements 2022, the installer was updated so that it was not required to also install CC Desktop.  Adobe must have been getting too many complaints about having to install CC.  The Elements 2022 download link referenced by the OP should have the new installer.  (Meanwhile, I recently asked the powers-that-be at Adobe whether installing CC is necessary for activating older versions of Elements and, if so, which ones.  I haven't received a response yet.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines