Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine 2 photos vertically

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

In Photoshop Elements 2022, I would like to combine two photos vertically into one photo.  Some how I accidently did it for another set, but can't seem to replicate the process again.  The originals were so large I had to save into two separate files.  I've looked at the various dicussions and the Quick, Guided and Expert modes with no luck.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

If the two halves of the photo are the same size, you can do the following:

• Open both halves of the photo (I have named them Top and Bottom in the following screenshots).
  • Select the Top photo.
  • Go to Image>Resize>Canvas Size

Snap_2022.06.27_13h5m0s_002.png

• In the dialog box that opens, change the dimensions of the Height to double the size of the original image.  Here, I have doubled the canvas size of the 6x4 image to a 6x8 canvas.
  • Click the top center Anchor point and click OK.

Snap_2022.06.27_13h5m44s_003.png

• Drag the Bottom image from the Photo Bi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways to do this. But you may want to look at the Create>Photo Collage method:

Snap_2022.06.21_13h23m53s_002.png

You can use this Editor in Expert Mode and make any changes you desire in the layers that are created.

Snap_2022.06.21_13h26m16s_003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S. ,

Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't understand.  I have photo A and photo B.  They are two parts of the original photo.  I want to combine them back vertically to look like the original photo.

photo A

photo B

into

photo AB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the two halves of the photo are the same size, you can do the following:

• Open both halves of the photo (I have named them Top and Bottom in the following screenshots).
  • Select the Top photo.
  • Go to Image>Resize>Canvas Size

Snap_2022.06.27_13h5m0s_002.png

• In the dialog box that opens, change the dimensions of the Height to double the size of the original image.  Here, I have doubled the canvas size of the 6x4 image to a 6x8 canvas.
  • Click the top center Anchor point and click OK.

Snap_2022.06.27_13h5m44s_003.png

• Drag the Bottom image from the Photo Bin to the Top photo.  It should appear in the center of the image.  You can then drag the bottom layer down to fit below the top image.

Snap_2022.06.27_13h7m16s_004.png

• Here is your final result:

Snap_2022.06.27_13h8m51s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Greg_S. 

Yea!  I finally had time to go back and do this.  It looks good as my first Photoshop project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, you can create a new file (File>New) and enter the dimensions of your final photo.  Drag the two halves of your photo from the Photo Bin up to the new file and reposition the top and bottom layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines