Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy PS Elements to a new laptop

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Photoshop elements 2019 installed on my PC.

I would like to also be able to use this on a new windows laptop I have purchased.

I tried to contact [non-Adobe website removed] but could not find an email address for them.

Can anyone please explain what I must do to get my Elements working on my new laptop please?

Many thanks

John

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johnh47397160 

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements 2019, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the original installation CD-rom and serial key? Grab those first.

Your new computer probably does not come with a CD/DVD drive, so make sure you locate your serial key, and head over to

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Follow the instructions to download your older 2019 version.

Next, locate your serial key. It should come with your installation medium (CD). If you cannot find it, for more info how to retrieve it, visit:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Them install Photoshop Elements 2019 by double-clicking the installation executable that you downloaded before.

PS you cannot copy the installed PS Elements from your old machine. It will not work.

PPS if you do not have a serial key and/or someone else installed PS Elements for you, you may have to repurchase PS Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow the first link provided by @rayek.elfin , you will reach the Products page of your Adobe.com account which will contain a download link for your program and the registered serial number.  Note that Elements 2019 will be described as version 17.0. 

Do you use the Organizer?  If so, do you wish to use your desktop catalog on your laptop. If yes, do you wish to synchronize your work on a single catalog or will you maintain the desktop and laptop catalogs separately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.
I logged in to the new laptop and came to page acount.adobe.com/products#
I entered my serial number and clicked the Register button
I received a message This serial number is already in use.

I cannot see what to do next. Did I go wrong some where please?

I have never used Organizer.

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the old computer:  open up the editor- then sign out.  HELP > SIGN OUT.  Doing that deauthorizes pse on that computer.  Then go about your business on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check the old computer, I opened the Photo Editor and a notice appears Sign in Required, but when I enter my serial number and press Register a message opens The serial number is already in use.  

Thanks for any help

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnh47397160 said:

I logged in to the new laptop and came to page acount.adobe.com/products#
I entered my serial number and clicked the Register button
I received a message This serial number is already in use.

I cannot see what to do next. Did I go wrong some where please?

Your product has already been registered (on your old computer).  There is no need to register the serial number again.  That is why you have received the serial number in use message.  You need to scroll further down the Products page to find the download link (and serial number) for your registered product.  Once you have installed the program on your new computer, you will be prompted to sign in with your Adobe account information and the serial number which you apparently have.

Snap_2022.10.15_15h22m47s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who tried to help me with this.
I have been in touch with adobe and they say as follows:
"PSE 19 is no longer supported with Adobe
So, we provide you the PSE 2022 license it will cost you but you will be getting the discount because you already have our older version of the software "

Its not a bad deal, I was just not expecting this.
I would like to revive the 2019 version on my present PC  can anyone say how I do this please?

Thanks for all the help so far
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnh47397160, how and when have you been in touch with Adobe?  If you are being offered a purchase of Elements 2022, you are almost certainly in touch with a fraudster.  If you received contact information from anyone who did not have a @Deleted User email address, they are certainly NOT from Adobe. 

It is true that Adobe only provides support for the two most recent versions (which is now Elements 2022 and 2023), but if there is a problem accessing your registered license or you have activated the license too many times, Adobe Support will assist you.

Try using this link to get to your Adobe.com account.   You  should land on the page that has your registered license information when you sign in.  Is it possible that you used a different email address to register your product at Adobe.com?  If so, you will need to sign into that account with your other email address.

If you are still having problems, I suggest you try contacting the REAL Adobe Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help and Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnh47397160, one other point I just noticed.  A moderator has removed a non-Adobe website from your original post.  Why were you trying to contact that website?  It sounds like you may have purchased your original program from a scammer or unauthorized seller.  If that is the case, there is nothing we can do to help you and will have to buy a new version.  And if you do not have an authorized registered copy, you will not even be able to get a prior-owner discount. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Gregg I reckon you are correct this is a scam the address here indicates this.

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeHelpCare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

To: [Private information removed by Moderator]
Sent: 15/10/2022 23:58:26
Subject: You have received a private message in the Adobe Support Community!

Hello johnh47397160,
You have received a private message in the Adobe Support Community community.

Subject: Copy PS Elements to a new laptop
Date: Oct 15, 2022 03:58 PM

The serial number came from storemanager@adobe.com

I have the order number and the serial number works OK on the form which indicate that it is registered, so I am confident it was a legit purchase originally.

I would still like to know how to get Elements working on my Laptop and or restore Elements to my PC and I would like to thank you for helping me avoid  this scam!

I will be aware that all mails should come from adobe.com

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnh47397160, so it looks like you do have a legitimate registered copy of the program. 

But, I'm still unclear what problem you are having installing on the new computer.  Do you  have a download link or not?  If not, please try the Products page link again.  (I recently had an experience where one of my older registered products did not show on the page.  It reappeared the next day.)  If you still aren't getting a download link on your Adobe account products page, you need to contact Elements Support and have your Order number etc. available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now understand what was wrong with the links page. I was login on via google and originally the software I suspect was purchased with my email address.

Anyway I now have 2019 installed on both my PC and my Laptop.

Many thanks again for your help .

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help Greg, I am asked in an email to mark one answer correct but I cannot see where this is done!

Can you please advise?

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnhardy10 and @johnh47397160 

At the bottom of each reply there should be a menu bar where the OP can click "Correct". You have logged in with two Adobe IDs. Only @johnh47397160 will see it. You can also tell us which post(s) to mark and we can do it for you.

D1C95383-1CD7-498B-A9F4-0C6CB4F519E5.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines