• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Bridge 2021 come with Photoshop Elements 2021?

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge that came with my Photoshop CS5 extensively and my eyes are suffering from the tiny font. I saw Bridge 2021 recently. Does it come with Photoshop Elements 2021?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Elements uses the Organizer which is a database catalog of your images.  You can download a 30-day free trial of Elements to see it for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg. I was pretty sure that it does not, as you said. I'm really hateing to squint at those tiny fonts in my version of Bridge - and the cost to get 2021 is pretty prohibitive since I no longer do any professional photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Bridge can be downloaded for free.  If you are talking about Photoshop CC being too expensive for you, a permanent license for Photoshop Elements is currently on sale through Adobe for $59.99.  I don't know how long that price will be available.  Other online retailers have it on sale, some for an even cheaper price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg - I do have CS5 Bridge for my CS5 Photoshop - my problem is the tiny fonts are driving my eyes crazy. I got a look at Bridge 2021 yesterday accidentally by downloading Creative Cloud while trying to update my Bridge program - so I know how much better it is. But apparently I cannot buy it without a subscription to the Creative Cloud - which I have no use for. And as you pointed out - PS Elements does not use Bridge - so I have no use for it either. I am very proficient on both Photoshop and Bridge - and my only issue is the tiny fonts in the earlier versions of Bridge. I have tried everything I can think of - increasing my screen percentage from 150 to 200 percent - and everything gets bigger except the tiny fonts in Bridge - LOL. I guess I'm stuck for now.

Thanks for responding.

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro - Intel core i7 - 64 bit. It was just custom built for me in September this year after my previous PC crashed.  My version of Photoshop is CS5 64 bit and of the the same version of Bridge. I'm aware that newer versions of Bridge have a choice in Preferences > Interface - which allows larger text sizes. But my version of Bridge does not have that Interface option. Now I'm wondering if I could buy a newer version of Bridge with the Interface option - that would still work with my CS5 Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before, I think that you can download and install the latest Bridge for free.  Adobe does not make it easy to find this information, and I can't try it out myself as I have a CC plan.  But see what happens if you download from this link.  You will undoubtedly have to sign in to your Adobe account and stay logged in to use the program.  But if you pay careful attention, you won't have to subscribe to anything you don't want and won't be charged for it.

I assume that you can configure Bridge to work with your old CS5 program but don't know that for a fact.

You may want to ask some questions in the Bridge forum or Jeff may know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I know people who use Bridge with Elements rather than the Organizer.  I try to convince them to change to the Organizer, but that's another story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg - that link is the one I used two days ago when I got to see how the new Bridge 2021 version works - but then of course since was installed by Creative Cloud which installed itself first - now the CC wants me to buy a subscription. I have not done that since it's only Bridge that I want and apparently they don't offer a subscription for just Bridge alone. So far I can still open and use Bridge 2021. I'm not sure how long it will work but for now it is working with my CS5 Photoshop. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! If I was still doing professional photography I would just get the CC subscription - but I'm retired now and don't need all that. Thanks again.

All the best to you,

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you have to worry:

https://helpx.adobe.com/mt/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.ug.html

On the other hand, Bridge is free.

So, even if like @Greg_S. I use Elements and its organizer, I have also the Photographer's plan (PS + LR) and also Bridge. Bridge lets me choose between PS or PSE. The full ACR plugin is opened by Bridge if I have a subscription to PS. Otherwise it opens the limited ACR version of Elements via PSE. If your present Bridge installation opens your CR5, there is no reason to worry.

I had to uninstall temporarily PS for reasons of disk space. Bridge continues to open the full version of ACR even if only PSE is active now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting that Bridge isn't mentioned in the link provided by Michel.  On the other hand, it is also not mentioned in a description of the Photographer's Plan.  So, I think it is Adobe's little secret that Bridge is free.

Donna, will you be kind enough to post back in a month or so and let us know whether you have been told that a free trial of Bridge has expired or whether you have been told you must pay for further use.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Greg - I will do that. If it stops opening for me I may have to subscribe - at least until I finish my current project of a large backload of about four years of images that I got behind on.

I do know that Bridge is free - it will be great if the current copy of 2021 that I have that was automatically installed when I installed Creative Cloud continues to work.

Thanks again!

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Greg

So far Bridge 2021 Ver 11.0.0.83 opens properly each day when I restart my computer and click to open Bridge 2021. It is working just fine and I can adjust the font sizes with no problem. Of course all the fonts respond to the changes - I would prefer to be able to leave some areas of the workspace in a smaller font - but hey, no complaints from me.

If something should change in the future I will let you know. For now, it's back to work adding keywords to a few thousand images from the past four years. I'm up to 2018 now. LOL.

Best wishes,

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael - I was not aware of the free limited version of Creative Cloud. I took a look at it just now but none of what is offered is meaningful for my current project. At any rate - I do have it now so I guess I can just wait and see what happens going forward.

Thanks again,

All the best,

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the reasons to use the Elements Organizer instead of Bridge is that it creates "smart tags" by using artificial intelligence to automatically analyze your photos.  It is quite an impressive feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Greg - you're just about to convince me to give Elements a try! I have seen the "smart tags" Google photo online uses - and they're fairly intuitive. So I may just try - it's not like it's a big investment. I had an experience many years ago with it when I bought a version for my daughter - and at that time I did not think it could compare with either PhotoShop or Bridge.

Thanks for your patience and helpful replies.

Cheers!

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download a risk-free 30 day trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right - I remember about that. Thanks again - I'll give it a go once I get to a stopping point on this project.

Cheers!

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines