• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elements 2021 color variations

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering using 2021 instead of what we use now: PSE 5.

where have they hidden the color variations?

where you can adjust the whole image, a little more red etc

thanks

even tho Email me when someone replies is tick. i still do not get replies.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Color Variations was removed from version 12 and has not been in any version since.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/what-features-from-previous-versions-are-not-available-in-adobe-photoshop-elements-12/td-p/5433799

You can try Enhance > Adjust color > Adjust Hue/Saturation.

Either adjust the Master option or the drop down will give the individual color channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Variations was removed from version 12 and has not been in any version since.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/what-features-from-previous-versions-are-not-avail...

You can try Enhance > Adjust color > Adjust Hue/Saturation.

Either adjust the Master option or the drop down will give the individual color channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UH UH!!! Thanks. I wonder if version 11 works on windows 10.

when using tools like clone or eraser etc we do not see the size of the tool on the image.

we see the mm or whatever size below but not on the image.

ideas welcome

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Elements 11 will work on Win 10. 

In Elements 2021, you should be able to see the size of the cursor brush change.  (The size will be in pixels, not mm). Depending on the resolution of the image you are working on, you may not see the cursor change size until it is at a larger size.  There are a number of different choices for how the tool cursors are viewed.  These can be found in the Edit>Preferences>Display and Cursor dialog:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.06.03_14h10m24s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have valued and frequently used the color variations feature in PSE since rev 2 for professional magazine imaging. I understand since rev 11 it has been deleted.I recently purchased PSE 2021 and found that was the case. Not not a very smart decision because there is a lot of online chatter complaining about the disappearance of this very popular and useful feature.. But, PSE 11 is no.longer available from Adobe. Surely Abode does not want users downloadiing the PSE executable from untrustworthy 3rd. party sites.. It seems to me that valid and loyal purchasers of PSE 2021 should be given the opportunity to download PSE 11 safely so they can continue to use the color variations feature. Also I understand the file
VariationsEL.8bf

from earlier PSE versions can be used to patch the color variations feature into some later versions. Perhaps there is a way to enable his patch addition in PSE 2021. Either of these routes would seem much less costly than  revising PSE 2021 wholesale for the color variations feature. And is going to avoid a lot of feature upgrade revision requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ancient_Bird 

One of the reasons the color variations may have been omitted except for the 'Quick' mode is that it does not help at all beginners to understand light and color. All the other available color correction tools available already nearly twenty years ago are not only faster, more reliable, but they help understand the differences in color temp, tint, reflections etc. I could understand the purists who would like Lab mode in Elements, but really "color variations" don't help much.

The best way to color correct in PSE2021 (and not too ancient versions) is to use the Camera raw plugin which works also for jpegs.

The Quick adjustments quoted by @Greg_S. offer nearly the same tools as those you were used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and there are various color enhancement features in the Quick mode.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.06.03_14h15m16s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in 2021 can i roll the mouse wheel to change the size of the brush size AND see it on the image i am editing?

anyone got a copy of 11 they do not want!!!

thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will pse5 work on window 10?

how do i edit a post on this forum?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will pse5 work on window 10?

By @anon125

Although I have installed it on Windows 10, I haven't been able to get it to work properly.

There have been some users reporting a successful installation.

how do i edit a post on this forum?

thanks

By @anon125

See here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/unable-to-edit-comments-in-this-forum/m-p/1185885...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 if you hold down the Alt key + the right mouse button at the same time, you can drag left to right with your mouse to adjust the Size, and drag up and down to adjust the Hardness. You get a little HUD as well to tell you what the current settings are too.

This works for the Brush Tool, the Impressionist Brush Tool, the Color Replacement Tool, the Eraser Tool, the Background Eraser Tool, the Pencil Tool, the Quick Selection Tool, the Selection Brush Tool, the Refine Selection Brush Tool, the Spot Healing Brush, the Healing Brush, the Smart Brush, the Detail Smart Brush, the Clone Stamp Tool, the Pattern Stamp Tool, the Blur Tool, the Sharpen Tool, the Smudge Tool, the Sponge Tool, the Dodge Tool, and the Burn Tool (phew 🙂 )

Here's a quick video demo of it in action:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you do not see the size before you move the brush?

we need it for clone, sponge etc.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current size is always displayed in the Tool Options bar below the Active image area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU PHIL.

you saved the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines