• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2022 not showing background and foreground colors in toolbar

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Elements 2022 and the backgound/foreground colors are not displayed in the toolbar.  I have tried every way I can think of but cannot solve this problem. Installation is on Win10. Has this feature been eliminated on the 2022 version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021
#response_container_BBPPID{font-family: initial; font-size:initial; color: initial;}
I did position the taskbar to the extreme right of the screen. I can partially see the foreground/background colours. There is clearly a fault with the software. Thanks for your advice.

By @johns72863380

What's the vertical resolution of your display? The system requirements are 800 pixels. In the other thread, that was the real source of the problem. If so, n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

After having not used Elements in a while, I opened it and updated today to see the gaps have been removed.  The color picker is now easily useable on my laptop with a resoution of 1366 x 768.

I am genuinely surprised and very happy they fixed this, thank you Adobe

MidwestB_0-1647199551860.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Photoshop Elements forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johns72863380, You may find your answer in this discussion.

Why is the colour box not in the toolbar anymore.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#response_container_BBPPID{font-family: initial; font-size:initial; color: initial;}
Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem by hiding the taskbar. You pointed the writer to appropriate solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @johns72863380, If hiding the taskbar works to give you more vertical space and solved your problem, why not position the taskbar on the left or right side? That way you have more vertical space and you still have the taskbar.

2021-11-22 06_10_13-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did position the taskbar to the extreme right of the screen. I can partially see the foreground/background colours. There is clearly a fault with the software. Thanks for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @johns72863380

What's the vertical resolution of your display? The system requirements are 800 pixels. In the other thread, that was the real source of the problem. If so, not a bug but a non supported display. If you are using a laptop with a narrow display under 800 pixels, you may be able to live with the given workarounds; however, it's often possible to work with a bigger external display for home work, for instance an old unused TV set with 1920 x 1080 px display and HDMI connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue, just purchased PSE and the colors were not showing.  It's kind of rediculous that a software company like Adobe cannot allow us to scale a toolbar, or at least remove the blank space in it so the icons can fit correctly.  It's not that complicated of a UI that it could not be displayed in less than 800 pixels vertically.

If these blank gaps were not there, it would fit just fine:

MidwestB_0-1637603280463.png

Seems like an issue that could be patched, especially seeing as they charge $100 for this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is very frustrating. There is blank space that could be removed, or put in a bar to scroll down to where the colors are visible. I hope they fix this bug.

I moved the task bar... which has a bar to scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After having not used Elements in a while, I opened it and updated today to see the gaps have been removed.  The color picker is now easily useable on my laptop with a resoution of 1366 x 768.

I am genuinely surprised and very happy they fixed this, thank you Adobe

MidwestB_0-1647199551860.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines