Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2023 Organizer does not respond

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have recently installed Elements 2023. I am using Windows 10. I am using dual extended screens.

I opened Organizer to import edited images from my folders.
It first imported my General catalog from my previous version 2018

When I try to open "Import" to load new images from my folders , I do not get a dropdown menu to select an option. I wanted to check if my set-up was correct and tried to open File. This would also not provide a drop-down menu. I checked Edit, View & Help, none of them produced the appropriate menus.

In the organizer itself, none of the following Tabs produce the appropriate dropdown menu :Sort by, Create or Share, but tabs, Media, People, Places events and Search all worked perfectly.

I am also able to open an image in Organizer and access the Grid from the open image.

I rebooted and tried again, same non responsive Tabs. I rebooted, opened the editor and accessed the Organizer from there. Still no response from the Tabs.

To check to see if I had a mouse or computer problem, I opened my existing Elements 2018. It worked perfectly. However when I closed 2018 a message appeared saying "my free trial would expire in 18 days".
I have a fully paid up version 2018? 
I rebooted and opened 2023 Organizer again, still no response from the Tabs. I clicked Import a few times, both left and right clicks. Still no reponse.

I opened an image in Organizer, when suddenly the Import Window opened in my second monitor. No drop down options menu was displayed, it went straight to the window. I used the opportunity to import my images and the closed down and re-opened Organizer. The Tabs were again un-responsive.

I found that if I could undock the Organizer window, the Tabs functioned. Problem is to undock the window.

By pressing the Import tab and the un-docking button randomly, eventually the program became unblocked, but unfortunately it activated  in different Import options, from the cloud, from the scanner and sometimes from Files and folders.

I have literally wasted a day.

If the solution is to work only on a single screen this is a retrograde and is non-solution. If I am forced to do this, my Organizing time will double. All my previous versions have supported dual screens. 

I initially highlighted my problem on another forum and MichelB  informed me that the problem had been raised on this forum and suggested that I look for a solution on this forum. 

My frustration levels are soaring. At present, I can't work on 2023, and now it seems my validation of my existing 2018 version has been revoked. There must be a solution, I certainly hope you can provide it for me. 

Thank you

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have ever seen a solution for Elements working properly with dual monitors.  That said, what is the resolution of each monitor.  I'm guessing that one or both is 4K or 5K.  If that is the case, you may want to try the suggestions found in this thread.  Obviously, you need to perform the change on the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file found in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2023 Organizer directory.

Did you use the same Adobe account as Elements 2018 to install Elements 2023?  If not, you would have been signed out of Elements 2018.  You can sign back in by going to the Help>Sign In/Out dialog.  Or, you should be able to use the Activate button on your Trial version screen to enter the serial number for Elements 2018.  (And as I think about it, if you purchased Elements 2023 with a prior user discount, I'm not sure if you are able to also use both programs. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

There has been a mis-understanding, I did not open Organizer on two screens.

I have two screens open, one of which has Organizer and the other some other files like one of my image folders or a help document etc.

I have spent another couple of hours trying to solve my un-responsive dropdown problemelemts .

My two screens are No. 1 the monitor of my laptop, number 2 an Flatron IPS235. The IPS235 screen is my main screen.

Firstly I closed my laptop monitor screen and tried  loading Organizer. I had the same non-responsive result. I swopped screens and tried again, still unsuccessfull.

Everytime Organizer opened in full screen mode. Eventually I managed to get the window to undock.

The drop down menus worked. I closed Organizer with the screen undocked.

I re-opened Organizer and it oponed with an undocked window. All the dropdown windows worked.

I selected full screen mode, all the dropdowns were again un-responsive.

When I tried to un-dock the window  (minimize overlapping double square icon ) it dis so and all the dropdown menus worked.

Work round: work in the undocked window.  

This is not a solution, Adobe needs to provide that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

I have upgraded Elements from 2 to 10,  10 to 13,  13  to 18 all of these are still on my computer and I have access to them. Why does 2023 wipe out my 2018?

We all know that Elements has a habit of shedding some functions each time we get an upgrade.

Some of these functions are still of use and I often revert to older versions to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has changed the licensing activation for some older versions of Elments.  If you are still having problems getting Elements 2018 to activate (and you have not activated it more than twice either on different computers or via reinstallation on the same machine), try downloading and installing the free Creative Cloud desktop application.  You do not need to purchase any subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I have not really spent any time trying to re-activate.

Having got my Organizer up and running I will now give the re-activation my full attention.

Thanks for the lead to the cloud version.

I have yet to use the cloud for ant purpose so I expect a learning curve.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ligennroc, there is absolutely no reason to actually interface with the CC Cloud application other than to download and install it on your machine.  It performs its activation assistance in the background without any user contact outside of Elements.

Added:  And to be clear, I am talking about getting your Elements 2018 version activated.  Elements 2023 has its own Cloud features (but they are limited to certain regions of the world).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help me. I too have a problem with no mouse function in the new 2023 version of Elements Organizer. Their is no reaction to clicking on "File, etc on the top of the screen and there is no left click on photos.(to delete, etc) Glad this is a trial. Unless the issue can be solved I will be skipping this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no dual monitors etc.

just my screen set to 1360x 768 and scale at 100% on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jjfalletti, your monitor may not meet the minimum requirements for Elements 2023.  (1280x800)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines