Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get to Know New Elements 2025 & New License Review

LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumb-Whats-New-2025-1k.jpg

I have made a YouTube Video reviewing the new features in Elements 2025, together with some how-to tutorials covering all the new features.  It also includes details of the new license arrangement and a link to the new interface for Premiere Elements for beginners and those not familiar with Premiere Pro which Adobe has used as a basis for the new hybrid video editor. Click here to watch my full PSE & PRE review.

Click here for NEW UI PRE for Beginners.

NEW-UI-PRE2025-JPEG.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice review.

Do you know if buying one 3 year license enables one to use Photoshop Elements 2025 on both a Mac and Windows machine or does one need to purchase two different 3 year licenses like was the case in past Photoshop Elements versions when bought directly from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure Jeff. I know in the past only a few on-line sellers sold multi-platform versions. The new license permits users to activate and de-activate from their Adobe account as serial,numbers are no longer being used so I would have thought that would make different platforms possible like Creative Cloud apps. The packaging appears to indicate that, but it’s best to ask Adobe sales to be sure.

I’ve prepared a PDF summary - you will find the link below my video description if you click to show more on the YouTube page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @99jon  you can use PSE/PRE 2025 single license on two machines at max. you have to login with the id for which you have acquired the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2024 Oct 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements and Premier were POOR choices when there were no licensing time restrictions as there are way better choices now but PSE/P are definately a non choice now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pradeepkmr,

Does that mean a single license can be used on both Mac and Windows?

That is, use the single license to install one copy of PSE 2025 on a Mac and another on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, further to my message above I confirm I have installed PSE 2025 & PRE 2025 today on two machines, Mac OS and Windows using a single redemption code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon for the comfirmation that one license is good for both Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon, thanks for the nice video review and especially for the helpful document describing the details of the new licensing arrangement.

Can you or Pradeep confirm if the software will stop working after three years with no way to reactivate it (even via payment), and will force customers to upgrade to a newer release if they want to keep using Elements?

Asking this question because that may not be possible for a given computer depending on unknowable system requirements for a future 2028 version.

(Note that Creative Cloud software will not stop working suddenly and force upgrades, which was a promise Adobe made from the start.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK it will work like Lightroom where access to the  Library continues, but not editing functions in the Develop module. With Elements access to the Organizer will continue indefinitely but the Editor will not be available. So if you activate in October 2024 it will work until October 2027 unless you purchase a new upgrade with annual new features in October 2025 or 2026. That would require a new download and installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ProDesignTools, you raise a good queston which seems to be most relevant to Mac users since I still have Elements 4 working on a Windows 11 machine.  My subjective impression is that Adobe has been working closer with Apple over the past couple of years to ensure compatibility with newer hardware and OS updates.  Given the new 3-year license term, I would hope that Adobe will ensure compatibility for that period.  But I can't see them allowing for renewal of older term licenses and all of the support that would require.  I have seen nothing that suggests they will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg and Jon. So the consensus seems to be that a purchase of Elements 2025 will work for three years and then the Editor will disable itself with no way to reactivate.

So the only way to continue to use Elements at that point would be to buy and upgrade to a newer release; the Elements 2025 Editor would no longer be available in any circumstance.

I presume that like Greg said, if over the next three years Apple or Microsoft makes a change to their operating systems which is incompatible with Elements 2025, then Adobe would (if possible) issue a free update to Elements 2025 to address that.

The bigger question in my mind is what happens if the customer can't upgrade to a newer release three years from now (Elements 2028) because their current Mac/PC is not compatible with the application's unknowable system requirements at that time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines