Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having a very strange experience with PS Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,.

We are many years PS Elements users, and our work means we use it every day.

For some reason our version of PS Elements 2020 has corrupted.

When we make any change to a project (add text hide or delete a layer) the change is not visible until we click on the gray area of the screen off the project. Then the change becomes visible. It happened on one of our working PCs on a specific project, and now PS always acts like this in any project.

Just to test, we copied the original project to another PC, and now it is corrupted too ;-[

I tried a reinstall without uninstalling, but it is still corrupted.

I cannot find anything like this in your community, nor online anywhere.

So.... has anyone else experienced this, and how to we fix it?

Many thanks in advance
John and Michelle Coleman

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess im gonna try again, this time uninstalling photoshop elements 2020 first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed for me 
But its a bit different in that if i click on the green marker its visible, rest still same as 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here in both 2020 and 2021 versions. Basically renders it useless for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having similar problems trying to overlay text in Premiere Elements. On a laptop with AMD processor and graphics. I wonder if it has something to do with how graphics are rendered on those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats my guess as well, since photoshop elements uses opengl and not the graphics card, i think something is messed up here.

Still no go for me, i hate it lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post gave me an idea and it works for me, at least in PE 2020. It did not work in PE 2021. I clicked "edit" then "preferences" then "performance." I unchecked the box that says, "Use Graphics Processor for Adjusting Facial Features." I figured if it might me a graphics card issue, try that! That's all I did and I am back in business! Again, that worked only in the 2020 version for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that one already 😞
Its not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there folks,

Not sure if this is truly good news or not, but  few days ago my wife's computer started working again, and a day or two later mine did too.

After trying all suggested solutions to no avail, it all seems to have cleared up, and we have no idea why it happened in the first place, nor why it has stopped.

So, good news I guess. Hopefully the same will happen for everyone.

Best regards,

John abd Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no luck here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? 😞 still having the same issue and its costing me hours of extra work and struggling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello LeDitn,

I so wish we could share the fix, but both mine and my wife's computers just seemed to fix themselves.... and are still working perfectly.

Having worked for decades as a programmer for a large system, I can say that it is the worst solution.... no answers.

Not sure it PS developers have looked into it.....

Best of luck!

jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the words.
Its very weird that it somehow fixed for you, im not really sure what is going on then.

Its a bit sad since i like working with the program but its a real nightmare right now, alot of things are just guessing now on my part and its time consuming. Still hoping for a fix 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bump for justice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines