• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a Group for use with Events? (Organizer 19)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that I should be able to create a Group named Birthday and Events that are a subset of that (eg Bob - 2018, Bob - 2019, Jane - 2017) but it doesn't seem to work that way.  What is the meaning of Group and how do I use it?  To date I've created events that recur annually by maximizng the datet range, but that seems to be counterproductive.

T.I.A.

Indefatigable_0-1587618920132.png

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Instead of clicking on the '+' icon to create an event, click on the small triangle just right to the '+' icon. This opens a drop-down menu to choose if you want to open an event or an event group.

This is not clear from the help file.

(To get the help file, type 'create groups for events in the organizer' in the search box of the welcome screen)

Create event tags

If necessary, you can organize event tags into groups. To create an event tag, follow these steps:

• Click Tags/Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of clicking on the '+' icon to create an event, click on the small triangle just right to the '+' icon. This opens a drop-down menu to choose if you want to open an event or an event group.

This is not clear from the help file.

(To get the help file, type 'create groups for events in the organizer' in the search box of the welcome screen)

Create event tags

If necessary, you can organize event tags into groups. To create an event tag, follow these steps:

• Click Tags/Info from the taskbar.

• Expand the 

menu and then click New Event.

• Enter the following event details:

• Event name

• Event start and end dates

• (Optional) Event group. If you haven’t defined any event groups yet, you’ll see None selected by default for this option.

• (Optional) Event description

• Drag and drop some media associated with the event to the media bin.

Note:

The same media may be associated with more than one event.

• Click Done.

Note:

If you’re migrating a catalog from Elements 10 or an earlier version, any event categories in the catalog are imported as event groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Michel.  I had tried the triangle and the New Group option didn't seem to be what I'd want.  It allowed me to create a Name but, on the first pass, the Group remains None.

Indefatigable_0-1587667793043.png

It seems to me to be a bit of a goofy system and it was only by trusting your advice and bulling ahead that I got the desired result.  It's all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me either. Screen dumps of the various steps would be a great help

Birger Hauerslev, Denmark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not work for me either. Screen dumps of the various steps would be a great help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines