Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Custom flip a image

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to find out how I can custom flip a image, prob around 10% to the left or right, but the only flip tool I have in Photoshop 2021 is to  flip horizontal or vertical !.

cheers

Spike

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Is this what you want?  If so, use the perspective crop tool.  (Draw a rough rectangle over the image and then move the corner handles to each corner of the rectangular object.)

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, April 9, 2023_1h18m44s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I understand what you are looking for. Flipping is a mirroring, and it can only be around horizontal or vertical lines. If you wanted to mirror around a line 10 degrees from vertical, you could rotate first, flip, then rotate back. There are probably other ways. But you say 10%, not 10 degrees. Don't think I can see what that means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your reply, yes meant degrees, attached pic that I want to work on may explain it better, I need to get it face on !.

cheers

Spike

cheerss-l1600.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are in quick mode.
Make sure you are in Expert mode.

This is a screenshot of pse 2023 does not make any difference in this issue. 

2023-04-08_112406.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your reply,  I can custom rotate , but then I need to twist it slightly left o get it looking straight on  !.

cheers

Spike

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of what you're doing..... please don't use your phone to make the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have already posted a pic I want to ajust !.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the third post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't want to flip (mirror) it at all. This has confused all of use I think!! Did you just try rotating it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you want?  If so, use the perspective crop tool.  (Draw a rough rectangle over the image and then move the corner handles to each corner of the rectangular object.)

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, April 9, 2023_1h18m44s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't have the perspective tool in my tool bar !.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, got it, I think !. thank you.

image,transform,free transform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Spike74 (and any others who may be interested),  Elements 2021 does have the perspective crop tool.  If you click on the regular crop tool (which is the default tool for that position in the toolbar), the Tool Options Bin will show the other available crop tools, including the bottom one which is the perspective crop tool.  In my earlier screenshot, I had already selected that option, so the main toolbar icon also changes to that tool.  In the following sceenshot, I have selected the main crop tool to demonstrate where to find the perspective crop tool. 

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, April 9, 2023_18h31m42s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thanks for that info.

cheers

Spike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines