• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know how to do this. I need to install my disc on a new computer and it told me my serial number is good for 2 computers and i need to deactivate one

please send replys to my email address

[Email address removed]

Message was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Hi all,

You can deactivate Photoshop Elements from the old computer or for moving the software from one computer to another by following the below steps:

1. Open Photoshop Elements
  2. Launch Editor
  3. Go to Help Menu 
  4. Click on Sign out Or Deactivate

Note: The machine should be connected to the internet at the time when you are performing these steps. For more information related to Activation and Deactivation take a look at the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions is covered briefly at the 7:00 minute timeline in this crop tool video which may not sound too interesting all by itself (it isn't) but the rest of the 13 minute video was.  In fact, I don't think it would have been any more interesting even if David Attenborough had narrated it.  I could be wrong about that part.  😃 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MichelBParis

thank you so much for your informations in detail. The conclusion is that you can not turn off the crop pre-selection suggestions. I understand that this tool is made for beginners, but why do we have prefences? And furthermore, bugs can be fixed and published in an update.

Anyway, I will get along with it.

Reinhart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to deactivate PSE 13 on a Mac.  I have access to the machine and PSE 13 is installed.

Adobe's help pages on deactivation 1) tell you to go to Help-->Deactivate and 2) don't mention Photoshop Elements.  Under the Help menu in either the PSE Organizer or Editor there is no option to Deactivate.

Can someone tell me how to accomplish this.  I am at the two machine limit and I need to use the license key on another machine and I don't want to pay Adobe money for something they should allow and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch the Editor in Expert mode and click:

Help >> Sign Out

You should see your email address if you are signed in. Signing out will let you sign-in on a new machine. No need to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider funktionniert das nicht mehr nach der Migration auf eine neue M2-Festplatte. Im Online-Account behauptet Adobe: "Keine aktivierten Geräte vorhanden". Also kann ich auch nichts deaktivieren.

Beim erneuten Installationsversuch bricht die Installation bei ca 6% ab wegen ungenügendem Speicherplatz, dabei sind über 700 Gb frei. Was soll ich nun noch ausprobieren. Das ist zum Haare ausraufen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider funktionniert das nicht mehr nach der Migration auf eine neue M2-Festplatte. Im Online-Account behauptet Adobe: "Keine aktivierten Geräte vorhanden". Also kann ich auch nichts deaktivieren.

Beim erneuten Installationsversuch bricht die Installation bei ca 6% ab wegen ungenügendem Speicherplatz, dabei sind über 700 Gb frei. Was soll ich nun noch ausprobieren. Das ist zum Haare ausraufen!

By @Vic26489983vt6n

What you are reading in your Adobe acccount about activations is ONLY for subscription softwares like the Photographer's plan (Photoshop + Lightroom). For perpetual licenses like Elements, either you deactivate yourself from the Help menu (sign out) or if the computer is no longer available, you have to call the consumer help of Adobe (by chat or phone).

So, all previous correct answers are still valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you'll go to Editor's Help -> Deactivate..., you'll see a window like

Click on "Deactivate Permanently". It will deactivate your serial number on that machine and you can use that serial number on some other machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all for the help. I did contact the company and they were able to

give me an activation on my new computer since my other computer died with

the program installed. I also have the program installed on my laptop but I

dont have an option to deactive it using the help button. That option is

showing on my desktop, but not on my laptop. So I would have to call the

company again to get help if my laptop goes down or I buy a new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking in editor and not organizer? Do you keep getting a screen asking you to enter your serial number, by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No everything works on both my laptop and desktop, but there is no button

to deactivate the program like I have on my desktop. My desktop is brand

new but what if I want to change out laptops, I dont have a option right

now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it back on my laptop. I think it was account I had photos in there

being worked on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have it now and I am doing an update. I think you must have all

photos out of the editor to be able to see the deactivate button?? Not sure

about this one, But I saved a picture that I had in editor and then checked

the help button and the deactivate button was showing then, After this

update I will investigate further

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can't deactivate while working on a photo. That's so you don't lose your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am figuring that out now. The only way I get to the deactivate button

is by hitting file and then select photshop elements file then it loads it

asking for a name under that is preset which default is selected, under

that size, its a window. If I close out of that my button will show up in

the help button. I don't want anything running right now. I don't know how

to turn off the editor. The window I have now is editor full with like a

bunch of pictures of apples on the right side. If i click out of this and

then reopen photoshopin edit or organize under the welcome screen, I have

no button, I hope this makes sense to you. I probably have something

running that does not need to be. I am a newbie and the photos I have in

the program and not important. Thanks for the help thus far, Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that doesn't make much sense. Deactivate means "I will never use this program again on this computer", so you can't deactivate unless PSE perceives you're not busy doing something. Obviously you won't deactivate while you're working. Launch the editor then immediately go to Help>Deactivate and that's all it should take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an idiot. I am selecting organizer on the welcome screen, Should I

open this program under edit I want to get all the pictures that are on

this program to an ecternal hard drive, Thanks for the help. I really

appreciate it. I bought the book Photo elements 10 and its like a bible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating has no effect on your pictures or on organizer. It only affects editor. Even so, I would wait till you have completed your organizer backup and are sure you are through with PSE before deactivating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, I think I am OK now, I had another program called Picisa and I just

uninstalled it as it was saving all my pictures that I did not want saved

on this laptop. It was a free editor. No need to have that on here. I took

it off my desktop also. Just Elements on both now. If I save pictures it

will be on this desktop becasue its new and I bought plenty of room for

pictures and music (1tb hard drive). Thanks again, Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots to read in that book of yours lol, Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful to add that the Editor to which you refer is Adobe Photoshop/Elements Editor. It took me about 10 minutes of searching to figure that out.

The answer may be very helpful, because Adobe instructions do not specify how to use the Editor to deactivate. In fact, I followed a set of Adobe instructions (source?, don't remember right now) and only uninstalled the program - PE13. That didn't help with getting the number of installations reduced in my Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow on:  In PE13 Editor, I went to Help, then to Sign Off. There was no "Deactivate" anywhere, but Signing Off was supposed to deactivate that registered copy.

It did not, at least as far as removing 1 of the 2 PE13 installations that show up when I go to my Adobe account.

Still trying to get  hold of an Adobe human to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For help with activation, you don't want regular customer support, but rather activation support. You  need to contact them from this page:

Activation & deactivation help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added to my other replies to Barbara B.:

I have tried the A & D help page several times and find that it leads to nothing. It will not lead to a chat source after asking for "more information."

I did stumble across a chat window, but every time I tried it, it apologized for "not being available now."

I followed Adobe Care to a Twitter page that did not lead to a source of a real chat technician, or any other source of changing the registered products in my account.

Is Adobe so paranoid that someone will use their products without paying that they make it almost impossible for a valid registered user to communicate with them?

Still trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the Activation & deactivation help all you want, wait at each page as long as you want, and there will be no response from Adobe. You will not find a chat icon that works, a contact us box that works, or any other help for Photoshop Elements. If you dial an Adobe phone number, eventually you will be told that Adobe provides no phone support for PE.

I have installed and tried to deactivate PE13 on my PC at least 4 times now. Any Adobe "help" page you find will not have the correct information, at least for PE13 deactivation.

I think it's time to go to a hack site to get a code that will work on my Mini.

Must find some solution before I start destroying hardware in frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no trouble getting the active chat window, although it's a long slog to get there. Only activation support can fix this for you, so you will just have to persevere. Are you continuing even when it looks like you're getting looped back to a page you just left a couple of clicks ago? That's not really the same page--it just looks identical, for one of those mysterious adobe reasons, but if you fill in the info again and go on it does take you to someplace else.

Also, if you are using a program like Ghostery or another program that blocks trackers and such, you need to disable it  when you get the page that shows the chat option, or the actual chat window is blocked from appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines