• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know how to do this. I need to install my disc on a new computer and it told me my serial number is good for 2 computers and i need to deactivate one

please send replys to my email address

[Email address removed]

Message was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Hi all,

You can deactivate Photoshop Elements from the old computer or for moving the software from one computer to another by following the below steps:

1. Open Photoshop Elements
  2. Launch Editor
  3. Go to Help Menu 
  4. Click on Sign out Or Deactivate

Note: The machine should be connected to the internet at the time when you are performing these steps. For more information related to Activation and Deactivation take a look at the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added to my other replies to Barbara B.:

I have tried the A & D help page several times and find that it leads to nothing. It will not lead to a chat source after asking for "more information."

I did stumble across a chat window, but every time I tried it, it apologized for "not being available now."

I followed Adobe Care to a Twitter page that did not lead to a source of a real chat technician, or any other source of changing the registered products in my account.

Is Adobe so paranoid that someone will use their products without paying that they make it almost impossible for a valid registered user to communicate with them?

Still trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the Activation & deactivation help all you want, wait at each page as long as you want, and there will be no response from Adobe. You will not find a chat icon that works, a contact us box that works, or any other help for Photoshop Elements. If you dial an Adobe phone number, eventually you will be told that Adobe provides no phone support for PE.

I have installed and tried to deactivate PE13 on my PC at least 4 times now. Any Adobe "help" page you find will not have the correct information, at least for PE13 deactivation.

I think it's time to go to a hack site to get a code that will work on my Mini.

Must find some solution before I start destroying hardware in frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no trouble getting the active chat window, although it's a long slog to get there. Only activation support can fix this for you, so you will just have to persevere. Are you continuing even when it looks like you're getting looped back to a page you just left a couple of clicks ago? That's not really the same page--it just looks identical, for one of those mysterious adobe reasons, but if you fill in the info again and go on it does take you to someplace else.

Also, if you are using a program like Ghostery or another program that blocks trackers and such, you need to disable it  when you get the page that shows the chat option, or the actual chat window is blocked from appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where Correct Answer came from, but it does not help getting PE deactivated. If somehow you go to

the PE Help on the PE13 menu bar, you will not see "Deactivate" you will see a Sign Out choice. That tells you, on

a PC to go to Control Panel and Unistall the program. You will be given one choice about saving or deleting preferences,

but no other choice. There is a series of screen shots on one of the Adobe "help" pages that shows more options for

permanently removing the program from your current installation. I've gone through that 4 times now and nothing shows

on my Adobe account under My Products. There are 2 registrations on Mar 6, 2015. I only registered the program on one

machine, my PC, so why are there 2 registrations showing?

Even the Geek Squad has only online info that does not lead to an Adobe human chat site. Sob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

You can deactivate Photoshop Elements from the old computer or for moving the software from one computer to another by following the below steps:

1. Open Photoshop Elements
  2. Launch Editor
  3. Go to Help Menu 
  4. Click on Sign out Or Deactivate

Note: The machine should be connected to the internet at the time when you are performing these steps. For more information related to Activation and Deactivation take a look at the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you can't access the old computer to deactivate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you can't access the old computer to deactivate it?

By @dkdj5555

Please go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines