• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum image size

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running PSE 13 on Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit.

The web page https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/maximum-image-size-limits-photoshop.html

describes a registry hack to get around image size limits in the Organizer.  For a 64-bit Windows OS, it says to add a new dword to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\elements organizer\X.0\Organizer

When I navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe," I do not see "elements organizer."

My only choices are Acrobat Reader, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe ARM, and Setup.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

This may be related: A few months ago, I migrated from a Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit computer to the new one I am using now.

I did not follow the correct steps to un-install and re-install PSE 13, and had to get help from Adobe Support.

It was a very lengthy, difficult process for him to get me running again.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Hello Bill,

I also needed to increase the Organizer's MaxImageSize on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. I noticed the same discrepancy in the location of the Organizer's data in the registry. I found the Organizer's data in the 32-bit location specified in Adobe's help doc - "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Elements Organizer\X.0\Organizer". So, that's where I added the MaxImageSize data. I assumed that Adobe's help document was just wrong!

I've done this for the four different versions of PSE that I h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill,

I also needed to increase the Organizer's MaxImageSize on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. I noticed the same discrepancy in the location of the Organizer's data in the registry. I found the Organizer's data in the 32-bit location specified in Adobe's help doc - "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Elements Organizer\X.0\Organizer". So, that's where I added the MaxImageSize data. I assumed that Adobe's help document was just wrong!

I've done this for the four different versions of PSE that I had installed. It works perfectly with zero problems. Since then, I've upgraded my PC to Windows 11 64-bit and the MaxImageSize is still working fine. I have several TIF files that are almost 400 megapixels each that display just fine in the Organizer now.

Attached is a screen clip of my registry editor showing the four locations to which I've added the MaxImageSize data (showing the Windows 11 registry).

Screenshot-000630.jpg

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Walter. I'll give that a try.

Adobe... are you monitoring this? Would love to have your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

My PC has 32 GB of memory. When the Organizer is running I still had about 16 GB of memory available. You might have a problem if you've got less memory and make the MaxImageSize too large. Just be cautious.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I only have 16 now, but I plan to add 16 more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't monitor the forums, but even if they did, they wouldn't be monitoring an obsolete and unsupported version of Photoshop Elements (that's over 8 years old!)  I did check whether the info applied to such an old version: the page dates from 2012 so it should apply to that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Regardless of the age and support status of the software, the right thing for Adobe to do is either correct the article they wrote or pull it down... IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, Walter.   I shall report the error to Adobe.

@billflyer, I have confirmed that the Regedit path for Elements 13 on Windows 10 is:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Elements Organizer\13.0\Organizer

Can you confirm whether it is the same on Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, Walter.   I shall report the error to Adobe.

Can you confirm whether it is the same on Windows 11?

By @Greg_S.

Greg, I do not have PSE 13 to confirm that.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried adding the registry entry yet; in the middle of other stuff. Screenshot attached, from my Win 11 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines