• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu fonts in Elements 2022

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased the new Photoshop Elements 2022 and noticed the rather large fonts used in the various drop down menus.

Compared to 2021 version, they are huge as far as I am concerned..

I have tried to Change high DPI settings in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022 but does not work.

My monitor is a Dell 27" at 3840 x 2160 resolution.

Any way to get 2022 to look like 2021 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Hello,

This used to be an issue wherein fonts used to appear very small on high DPI set-up. We have fixed this issue in PSE 2022.

If you do not wish to see large font size in drop downs, you can change the UI Scale factor of the application to 'Small - 100%' from Edit >  Preferences > Display & Cursors. Please relaunch the application to see the changes.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Me too.

I found a solution that works for me -- go to the shortcut icon, right click, open Properties, then go to the Compatibility tab.  There's a high DPI button there.  

In the "High DPI scaling override" section, check the "override high DPI" box, and choose "System" from the dropdown. 

I'm way happier with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This used to be an issue wherein fonts used to appear very small on high DPI set-up. We have fixed this issue in PSE 2022.

If you do not wish to see large font size in drop downs, you can change the UI Scale factor of the application to 'Small - 100%' from Edit >  Preferences > Display & Cursors. Please relaunch the application to see the changes.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, 

I have Elements 2021 and this has exactly the same High Density Displays UI Scale Factor as Elements 2022.

The fonts on the various menus in 2021 is much more user friendly than in 2022, so not sure as to what have been fixed in 2022.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each year since 2018 Adobe adds a major bug to Photoshop Elements. The submenu fonts in Photoshop Elements 2022 is a major disaster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 2018?  IMO this process began well before that.

The polygonal lasso tool was broken in PSE 2018.  I use a small subset of PSE's tools, so there might be many more.
When did zoom to cursor position (like Acrobat and Google Maps) get replaced with to zoom to center of workspace?  That was one of the most annoying "features" of PSE 2018 that I sincerely hoped had gotten corrected in 2022.  Nope.

How the giant drop-down text got past Adobe QA is beyond belief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are RIGHT. Adobe's quality control for Photoshop Elements is NOW done in CHINA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it makes the font extremely small. Is there any way to get something in between? The small is unreadable and the big is annoying. It was not an issue that fonts appeared too small on my display(also Dell 27") in PSElements 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same menu font problem  in Elements Editor 2022, however menu fonts in Elements Orginizer 2022 are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point. I find that the menu font in Organizer 2022 is same as in 2021 as you stated. So why can't the Editor font be that size too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you share screenshots of the fonts you are seeing in Editor 2022 vs Editor 2021.

Also please mention the UI scale factor used in both cases.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some screenshots. Organizer menu looks the same as it did in PSE2021. Editor when Display UI set to auto gives large menu. If I set it to 100% the menu size isn't awful but everything else becomes absolutely tiny(Editor Basic UI shot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point. I find that the menu font in Organizer 2022 is same as in 2021 as you stated. So why can't the Editor font be that size too?

By @CLCBunny

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/font-size-bug-in-photoshop-elements-ed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I justed installed PE 2022, and the font for the menu drop-downs HUGE.  If I try changing the scale preference to "Small (100%) it is too tiny to see.  Very annoying!

Bill22428598zvib_0-1640733511486.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this a try....I think it's a windows setting thang.

2021-12-28_180911.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not it. Reducing the Windows scaling makes all the windows menus tiny, but does nothing to the Photoshop Elements menus. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, ridiculously large fonts in drop-down menus when set to Auto or 200%, and fonts way to small when set to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have no fonts at all! I just installed Elements 2022 and clicking on any menu gives no response at all. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "answer" from Priyanshi Handa does NOT address this issue at all.

What it does is make ALL menu text smaller.  Yes, the drop-down menu text is less huge -- but the main menu text is TINY.

To users who require accessibility features (e.g. Windows Magnifier) this makes the main menus too small to see.

THE PROBLEM IS THE DISPARITY IN SIZE BETWEEN THE MAIN MENU TEXT AND THE DROP-DOWN MENU TEXT.  The recommended change does NOT correct this disparity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PSE 2022, Windows 10 on a 5k monitor. The fonts and menu are either too big (200%) or too small (100%) while Automatic does nothing but adopt the existing setting. This is the ONLY app to suffer from this issue, Adobe Acrobat works just fine (as does GIMP). Any chance you can patch this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what others have said, in hopes of PSE doing something, I agree that the 100% is way too small and the 200% is far too large to be useful.  Surely they can find something in between.  Why they wouldn't use similar default fonts to other applications is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL OTHER applications I use have approximately the same text size in menu drop-downs as the menus from which they drop.  ALL of them.

More to the point:  So did PhotoShop Elements 2018 right up to the moment I uninstalled it today.

PSE 2022 is different. 

This is NOT a Windows setting.  This nonconformity is exclusive to PSE 2022, so the fix must be applied to this application, not the OS.

Ball is in your court, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultcafkjlbytuha_0-1642093284865.png

I find much of the text in PSE22 too small, but it offers me no option to alter it in "preferences". Where is the option to amend "Diplay and cursor" settings???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to follow up - the above is premiere elements but still how am I supposed to alter text size in that programme?

Also, I made the alteration in photoshop elements and it was awful - selecting "large" created huge text in the drop down menus but all the text in eg. menu headings and buttons remained too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

I found a solution that works for me -- go to the shortcut icon, right click, open Properties, then go to the Compatibility tab.  There's a high DPI button there.  

In the "High DPI scaling override" section, check the "override high DPI" box, and choose "System" from the dropdown. 

I'm way happier with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huzzah Snarltoof! That worked!

Thanks for your awesome sleuthing...and Adobe, how did this get through QA in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines