• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu fonts in Elements 2022

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased the new Photoshop Elements 2022 and noticed the rather large fonts used in the various drop down menus.

Compared to 2021 version, they are huge as far as I am concerned..

I have tried to Change high DPI settings in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022 but does not work.

My monitor is a Dell 27" at 3840 x 2160 resolution.

Any way to get 2022 to look like 2021 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Hello,

This used to be an issue wherein fonts used to appear very small on high DPI set-up. We have fixed this issue in PSE 2022.

If you do not wish to see large font size in drop downs, you can change the UI Scale factor of the application to 'Small - 100%' from Edit >  Preferences > Display & Cursors. Please relaunch the application to see the changes.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Me too.

I found a solution that works for me -- go to the shortcut icon, right click, open Properties, then go to the Compatibility tab.  There's a high DPI button there.  

In the "High DPI scaling override" section, check the "override high DPI" box, and choose "System" from the dropdown. 

I'm way happier with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works beautifully. I would never have found that solution myself so thanks and kudos for figuring it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. While this fixes the menu issue it introduces some fringing in the photos when I open them. So not an acceptable fix, unless there's something I'm missing here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, doing so makes the menu fonts smaller, but creates an overall fuzziness in the application and a scaling problem.  Nice try though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hard to tell whats going on due to the poor quality of your screenshots. Is that a system setting window, or is it part of the phtoshop elements interface?   

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-screenshot-on-windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill said it. When you apply this fix it affects the photos too so that they are no longer crisp. Very obvious in the edges. It seems pretty clear to me in the screenshots(done with snip&sketch), After shows distinct fuzziness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh.  I don't know what to say...   here's a screenshot with Organizer in the back and Photoshop Elements Editor in the front, capturing both my icon properties and my display settings.

I'm running Windows 11 on an Asus G14 laptop with an RTX 3060 GPU, and this is on an HP 27q monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot looks sharp to me, but my attached pic looks fuzzy in the forum interface. It cleared up when I zoomed in on the forum interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to match all the settings you show in your screenshor and still have a problem with edges in my photos not being sharp. There's a distinct zigzag quality in them. Oddly clears up if I zoom in but when I look at them as Fit on Screen it's a problem. What continues to bother me is that the dropdown menus in Organizer are fine, the problem is only in the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that does correct the disparity in main menu and drop-down text
BUT!
It makes the entire Editor workspace low-res.  Menus are fuzzy.  Toolbars are fuzzy.
WHAT IS WORSE...
This doesn't seem to be reversible!
I made the described change in a shortuct on the desktop.  I removed and applied the change but it didn't go back!  Restaring the Editor didn't help.  Rebooting the PC didn't help.
WHat is even worse:  Launching PSE from the Start menu gave the same result!
NOW WHAT???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reverse it.  Did you hit "Apply" when you made the changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I did use [Apply].

After wrangling with this thing a half hour or so, I decided to uninstall PSE 2022 (taking care to remove Preferences in the the process!) and reinstall it.

Whew!

Those gigantic drop-downs never looked so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion works great! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you. Worked for me too. I had to choose System (enhanced) for it. Teeny bit of blur to the text, not as crisp using that, but far better than itty bitty crisp text I need a magnifier to see. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the 2023 version and had the same problem, and thanks to Snarltoof's post it's fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has made the product almost unusable.  For a product that deals with graphics it is amazing the developers can't figure out how to do fractional scaling of the UI.  A 150% option would probably fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just going to reinstall the former version until there's a fix. I tried everything and this is just awful the way that this update has turned out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problems in Elements 2023 on a Surface 5 Laptop. None of these fixes worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines