• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHE 15 slideshow will not start?

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a select photos for a slideshow then select the style nothing happens.

any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Windows 10. Nothing happens when I hit next screen. All other create functions work ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is info on install and W10 all files in C\:Programdata as you describe. W10 ver 1703

Elements Organizer 15.0.0.0

Core Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Language Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Current Catalog:

Catalog Name: my catalog

Catalog Location: D:\Elements 15 catalog\my catalog\

Catalog Size: 68.4MB

Catalog Cache Size: 649.2MB

System:

Operating System Name: Windows 10

Operating System Version: 10.0

System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2

Built-in Memory: 15.9GB

Free Memory: 10.6GB

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This a bit of a mystery.

I have heard about some problems with recent patches to the 1703 version of Windows 10 but they usually show up as problems with the menu displays. I am on version 1709 - the Creative Fall update. Do you have any plans to update Windows 10?

I'm not sure that an upgrade would help as you seem to have it working sometimes but not other times.

Have you restarted your computer after you re-installed PSE and before creating the new test catalog?

What Internet Security do you use? It has been know for the security system to upset the installation of PSE.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some addition questions.

When I create a new catalog. import one folder and create a slideshow, my folder list view shows some additional folders - they all appear empty - see in blue square.

2017-11-15-(1).gif

You may have to toggle the view between tree & list.

Do you see those files?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing 1709 update right now. I'll check after installation. I understood that w10 would update without you asking if update was available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Normal minor updates will be applied automatically but the 1709 update is a big one and can take about 2 hours. Once the update has finished, run the check for updates again just to make sure you are fully up to date.

Good Luck - be patient

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Once you have installed the Windows update, you may still have problems with your live catalog but try another test one as before.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. had a birthday party yesterday. Doing update today (hopefully).

Using window defender. Not sure about your pict of the slideshow folders,

what I'm a looking at slideshow themes in the folders list? I don't show that for the one slideshow I have created. 1888 12 is that folder name and others are what system made for a slideshow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Happy Birthday for yesterday - if it was your birthday.

The 1988 12 is the folder containing my images - the other entries get generated by the system when I start to create a slideshow. On a new catalog, those extra entries do not appear. As soon as I select some images and click on create slideshow the extra entries appear.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian. Wife's bday. Ok w10 updated, restarted, New cat. Same problem.

My cat files are on D drive, in a sub folder of the main folder for catalog. Do you think program has trouble connecting to find/store slideshow info? I have not changed location from original install, and it work that one time. My C is ssd only 128g so I put as much as I can on C. In plan to get bigger SSD. Is is possible that other installed programs could cause the problem? I don't think I have added added anything new before this problem happened.

Thanks for your continued help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The location should not be a problem. On my PC I have versions 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 2018 all installed on my C drive. Each version has its own catalog & image files stored on my E drive. They all function correctly (most of the time). Since PSE 15 was the last thing you installed then that should have corrected any problems created by installing other programs.

I have a possible theory that I will test before I get you to try something else. I will be back!

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My theory was connected to the program data are.

I corrupted my themes, uninstalled PSE 15 and the program data area was still there. I then installed PSE 15 and the corruption was still there.

I am now going to try uninstalling PSE 15 again, remove the slideshow themes and see if they are recreated when I next install PSE.

I will be back - go and give the wife a kiss

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm back - sorry it's taken so long but I had to uninstall/install twice to test things.

I eventually took a sledge hammer approach -

First I uninstalled PSE 15

Then I went to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer

There I renamed 15.0 to Old 15.0 - effectively removing the folder

Then I installed PSE 15 again

When running the organizer, the old catalog was still corrupt but creating a new one worked fine

I then wen back to a catalog that didn't work. I selected some image and went to create -> slideshow. It thought for a while and the told me to select some images forst. I repeated the process and it all worked the second time.

I have no idea why or what was happening. You might like to try it on a few test catalogs.

I'm in the UK so it's time for a large whisky I think - soon be bedtime.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. I'll give It a try, In the morning when I'm a little fresher.

I'm in Canada, near Toronto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uninstalled, do you also remove preferences?

I assume the The ProgramData\etc will still there after you do the uninstall to rename?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Second query first - when you uninstall PSE 15, the program data for it is left behind which is where I think some corruption may be present.

So I renamed the 15.0 folder

To: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Old 15.0

First Query - I think that your preferences maybe stored there and so will be reset when you install PSE again.

The reason for doing the rename is so that you can go back if you have to.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok just uninstalled, removed preferences, renamed 15 to old15. Reinstalled. When starting

Icon shows on task bar, but program does not start. A new 15 was not created with the reinstall. I rename old15 back to 15, program started ok, but same trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok just uninstalled, removed preferences, renamed 15 to old15. Reinstalled. When starting

Icon shows on task bar, but program does not start. A new 15 was not created with the reinstall. I rename old15 back to 15, program started ok, but same trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "removed preferences" what do you mean?

You did the rename of 15 under ProgramData didn't you?

I will try again on my system and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled PSE and then moved the 15.0 folder to another drive.

I then installed PSE  and the 15.0 folder was created when the installation got to about 90%

I then loaded the organizer and had to have 3 attempts at creating a slideshow before everything was ok

Now, one thought has crossed my mind - do you have Premier Elements 15 loaded? If you do, then you have to uninstall both to make the organizer uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok uninstall both, but still change 15 to old 15 before uninstalling correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Since both use the organizer, uninstalling one leaves the organizer still there and will not install again because the other product holds on to it.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok reinstall both after uninstalling both? Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you are going to use it.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Brian it's working! The only thing that's not quite right is the graphics is missing in the create a theme window. But everything seems to work ok. Some of the Graphics are there for a newly created catalogues, all 7 themes on one another shows 2. Main catalog no graphics. All themes seem to work ok. All 7 for a new cat I just made.

To delete catalogs do you just delete in explorer? I don't see a remove/delete from within the program. I thinking I should just detect cat I having trouble with and recreate it. it is very large with over 9000 pits and videos. I have everything in folders I would just have to redo albums and events.

Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines