• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 14 - printing problem

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 14 and have just installed the new Epson ET-2550 on my computer.  Our home is networked and my printer is recognized in the drop down box when I select print however this is the  message I receive "because the default printer could not be opened".  Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Thank you,

Marilyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marilynr49291361 wrote:

I have Elements 14 and have just installed the new Epson ET-2550 on my computer. Our home is networked and my printer is recognized in the drop down box when I select print however this is the message I receive "because the default printer could not be opened". Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Thank you,

Marilyn

Windows or Mac?

Does the printer work when you plug it into the computer, using PSEv14?

Can you print from other applications via the network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marilyn,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. With your comments, seems like certain print preferences got corrupted.

Please try out the following solution for Windows:

Windows - CTRL-SHIFT-ALT immediately after you double-click the Organizer/Editor button.

This will resolve your issue. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t need to double-click the Organizer/Editor button to launch to program one click is sufficient. When I click on the Photo Editor button and then follow your instructions the screen that appears is the Lock – Stitch User – Log Out – Task Manager. I also attempted to print from Elements but still receive the same error message. I have also uninstalled and re-installed the print driver and still no luck.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marilyn,

Please try out the following solution for editor:

1. Close the PSE14

2. Rename "Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Prefs.psp" file present at "C:\Users\{Current_User}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0\Editor\ " to "Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Prefs_1.psp".

3. Launch the Application and It should work fine.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what shows on my computer: Windows (C:)Users\Default.migrated\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows.

OR

This PC/Windows(C:)\Users\Marilyn and then it lists the following:

Sti_Trace

Videos

Searches

Saved Games

Roaming

Pictures

OneDrive

Music

Links

Favorites

Documents

Desktop

Contacts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marilyn,

Please try out this way:

1. Close the PSE14

2. Press Windows + R from keyboard

3. Paste this path (%appData%\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0\Editor) and press enter.

4. Rename "Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Prefs.psp" file to 

"Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Prefs_1.psp".

3. Launch the Application and It should work fine.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error message I receive when following your instructions below.

Windows cannot find ‘(C:\Users\Marilyn\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop’.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem and error message when trying to print from the PSE14 Editor after changing my printer from an Epson R2880 to and Epson SC P900.  It would work from the organiser but the colour management options are more limited.
I copied the script (%appData%\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0\Editor) into the run command tool but took off the brackets and it worked.  After renaming the "Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Prefs.psp" file to 

"Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Prefs_1.psp" and restarting PSE14 I was able to print from the Editor, wheras initially I could only print from the organiser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mark Woodfin, thanks for reporting what worked for you to delete the preferences file in the Editor. 

However, for others who come across this discussion, the far easier way to delete the preferences file in the Editor is to go to the Edit>Preferences>General dialog and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button:

Snap_2022.11.04_12h35m32s_001.png

This will fix many issues with printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines