• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Backup write error re: json file - Windows

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE2019 and have tried several times to do a full backup to a 1TB external USB drive. They have ended with the following message:

Error encountered while writing files(s).

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organiser\Catalogs\My Catalog\FaceAnalysis\json\462841.json

I have checked for Catalog errors, etc. and there is sufficient space on the disc.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Dave

{Thread title renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

We apologize for the issue you are facing while taking a backup of the catalog through Photoshop Elements.

Would you mind taking a look at the suggested solution in the link below to check if that helps?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop-Elements/PSE-Full-backup-Error-message/td-p/9936846

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted face recognition and re-ran backup which produced two (2) error files, one after each run, which I deleted and then ran backup again which produced the following error:

C:\Program Data\Adobe\Elements Organiser\Catalogs\My Catalog\My Catalog\CAXMPFiles\100017.xmp.

In Catalog Manager:

Optimize -> successesfully optimized, and

Repair -> no errors were found.

I then reran Backup which again produced the error:

C:\Program Data\Adobe\Elements Organiser\Catalogs\My Catalog\My Catalog\CAXMPFiles\100017.xmp.

Ran Backup which again produced the following error message:

C:\Program Data\Adobe\Elements Organiser\Catalogs\My Catalog\My Catalog\CAXMPFiles\100055.xmp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try running a full back and saving it to the internal storage of the computer once to check if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully saved a backup to my PC D drive.

What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same issue with the json error. Also for me it happened after I've updated my version from version 8 to 2023. So, it seems that this error only appears when you are upgrading your Organizer version and you have a previous backup.

I worked around the error by backing it up on another drive: I used to back up on an external harddrive (D) and now made the backup on my C drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your problem is simply getting a backup onto an external drive, then you should copy the backup you have created on your internal D drive to your external drive using Windows File Explorer. 

Have you checked your external drive for errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying the backup file from my D drive to the external disk produces errors.

I've checked the drive for errors and it passed OK.

What now? A new drive although I also use it to store Windows 10 backups successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are copying the backup you saved on the local storage of the computer to the external hard drive and still getting errors then probably there is an issue with the permissions on the drive due to which you are unable to do it. Would request you to get the hard drive checked once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'll do that. Many thanks for the Adobe inputs..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

I'll check my external USB drive for errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run CHKDSK command to resolve hard disk errors and to locate bad sectors in the disk.

Result: no problems found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines