• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements upgrade 2024 upgrade license

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I apologise if this is an obvious question , I tried their online support bit who hadn't a clue what I was talking about and couldn't readily see a support email address to contact so this is my last resort !

I was working with photoshop elements 2022 up on my mac up until the recent OS upgrade to Sonama which has caused a lot of problems with elements. A bit of research has revealed that my goose is likely cooked and that moving on to a higher version is the only option.  I had a look at the elements 2024 page and see that it is priced seperately as licence upgrade for 83 euro or buy outright for 102 euro. 

If it was possible to upgrade my current version to the new version then I would obviously do that instead of paying the more expensive price and so here is my question, is that what license upgrade means ? I cannot see it explained exactly what license upgrade means, is from 2022 to 2024 or is it from 2023 to 2024 only or does it mean something else ? Can anyone explain how this works? Thanks a lot in advance/ Fergus.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Upgrade means you own a previous version.  during the checkout process, typically, you are provide a box to check "I own a previous version" and you get $20 off if the it's being sold for the full price, or down to $79 in the U.S.

Each new version is a brand new installation, and leaves the old version alone.... you will be prompted about importing you old Organizer catalogue.   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Each version of PSE is independent. Adobe produces a new version anually (upgrade). They may give you a discount as a repeat customer, but frquently you can get a better price in one of the big box stores or at Amazon.

I don't have a Mac, but several posts on this board have referenced trouble subsequent to the Apple Sonama "upgrade."  That is an Apple induced headache!

Before you purchase PSE2024, avail yourself of the free 30-day trial, and if it works for you, you can purchase the license sub

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gugoose 

I've moved your post from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade means you own a previous version.  during the checkout process, typically, you are provide a box to check "I own a previous version" and you get $20 off if the it's being sold for the full price, or down to $79 in the U.S.

Each new version is a brand new installation, and leaves the old version alone.... you will be prompted about importing you old Organizer catalogue.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version of PSE is independent. Adobe produces a new version anually (upgrade). They may give you a discount as a repeat customer, but frquently you can get a better price in one of the big box stores or at Amazon.

I don't have a Mac, but several posts on this board have referenced trouble subsequent to the Apple Sonama "upgrade."  That is an Apple induced headache!

Before you purchase PSE2024, avail yourself of the free 30-day trial, and if it works for you, you can purchase the license subsequently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you purchase PSE2024, avail yourself of the free 30-day trial, and if it works for you, you can purchase the license subsequently. 

By @hatstead

I'm only on this thread because I moved it, but it occurs to me that 30 days will be close to Black Friday, which is a good time to check for sales before purchasing the license.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see it explained exactly what license upgrade means, is from 2022 to 2024 or is it from 2023 to 2024 only or does it mean something else ?

By @Gugoose

Any previous version of Elements qualifies for a discounted upgrade to 2024, right back to version 1.0. In other words, if you already have an Elements serial number from any earlier version, then you can upgrade.

As @hatstead says, shop around and you may find a full version from a big box store is cheaper than Adobe's discounted price for upgrading.

Housekeeping tip:

When reinstalling, keep in mind that you only need the one serial number to complete the reinstallation, that is the serial number which came with that version.

When reinstalling an upgrade version (no need to reinstall the original version first), you always need two serial numbers: the version you're reinstalling plus the version you upgraded from. Many people lose the original serial number and are then unable to complete the installation of their upgrade version.

In the past, I usually opted to pay the extra for the full version for simplicity down the track when reinstalling or reselling: one software version, one serial number. I would then save the installer, together with the serial number in a separate text file, in Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines