• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements will not fully load with Windows 11

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from a Windows10 PC to a Windows 11 PC.

I uninstalled PS Elements from the W10 PC to the W11 PC. PS Elements 19 started to load normally but did not finish.

I got a message stating that third party items (Or words to that effect) would not load and PS Elements would not run.

I uninstalled PSE from the W11 PC and installed it back to the W10 PC. It installed normally and I was able to use PSE.

Can anybody explain why I have this difficulty? 

Is it a Windows 11 issue or a block of the third party items or something else?

I installed on both computers using the original disc that I bought from Adobe.

Norm 9704

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there was a problem with third-party plug-ins, you can press the Shift key when launching the Editor and you will be given the opportunity to disable them, which should allow the program to start.  If that isn't the problem, we need to have a more precise description of the error message.  A screenshot is most helpful.

Since you have been installing/uninstalling on multiple computers, it is also possible that you did not properly sign out of the program on one of the computers and you have therefore exceeded the activation limit.  If this sounds like an error message you have received, then the solution is to contact Adobe Support and tell them to reset all activations for the license.  However, so far, you have not described such an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, thanks. I will try that. Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I tried installing PSE 11 again on the Windows 11 computer and this time I did not get the error messsge. I looked for the Editor to hold down the shift key, but could not find the Editor. I have the PSE 11 now installed on my new Windows 11 laptop computer but PSE does not open when I double click on it. The shortcut Icon is displayed but will not open and I get no error message, so there is no useful screenshot that I can send to you. I am stumped. Can you help? Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening it directly from the exe file in Program Files (right click and Run as administrator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob. I went to C: program files (c86)>Adobe>photoshop elements 11>  but there was no exe file there. What else could I try? Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall all Adobe, use the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The windows 11 new computer would not allow me to uninstall Adobe Premiere Elements. I am sending you the screen photo of the message. I tried looking for  the exe files but could not find them. Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't read your image because it is very blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob, maybe I can make out the screenshot because I just had cataract surgery.  😉  It indicates that PCApp.exe - Adobe Application Manager is in use and needs to be closed before the setup file (which may also be the uninstall file) can proceed. 

@norm9704, reading through your several posts, I am now totally confused as to which version of Elements you are trying to install or uninstall.   In your original post you mention Elements 19.   That version is also known as Elements 2021. 

You also inidicate that you have installed Elements 11.  Your screenshot shows that you have Premiere Elements versions 11 and 18 installed.  (Version 18 is known as Elements 2016). 

You have posted in the Photoshop Elements forum, so I think both Bob and I have assumed you were talking about Photoshop Elements.

So, please clear up this confusion and tell us which program(s) you are talking about.  And if you are talking about Photoshop Elements which version(s) appear to be installed in Windows>Settings>Apps & Features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob, maybe I can make out the screenshot because I just had cataract surgery.  😉 

By @Greg_S.

Well, I do have the beginnings of cataracts. 

I'll blame the blurriness on my monitor. icon_smile.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is Photoshop elements that I am having trouble with.

I had both Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 2020 installed on my old Windows 10 computer.

When I uninstalled both of these on the old computer and loaded them onto my new Windows 11 computer, the Premiere elements loaded fine. The phototshop elements did not complete installation.

I tried Greg's solution after I eventually found the Editor file and pressed Shift key and Editor and I was able to open up Photoshop Elements, but the printing on the screen was so tiny that I needed a magnifying glass to read it -- and I have not just had eye surgery!!!!

Then I tried Bob's suggestion of opening the Photoshop 11 exe file, but I coould not find it.

Bob's other suggestion was to delete all Adobe, run the cleaner and reinstall. I took this to mean removing every Adobe application on the new computer, so I uninstalled Adobe Reader and Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 but Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 would not uninstall

So as of now I have no Photoshop Elements 11 installed. I will try again and see what happens. Once I have at least parftially installed it, I will send you Photoshop Elements which version(s) appear to be installed from Windows>Settings>Apps & Features   Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing Photoshop Elements11 again. It installed it but I got this error message, shown in the photograph. So I rebooted the Windows 11 computer and did a reinstall. I got the same error message. Then I went to Apps and took this photo showing that PSE is installed. I have the icon for PSE 11 on the screen but it will not open. I am about ready to give up on Adobe. Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it might not be compatible with Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, how can I find out if PSE 11 is not compatible with Windows 11? Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's official word is that it is not:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, do you have a phone number for me to call Adobe support to get them to wipe out my PSE approval in order to start installation afresh. It is about the only thing I can think of to resolve this issue. Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset(Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

or Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still thoroughly confused about which programs you have installed and are trying to install.  But try downloading and installing the free Creative Cloud desktop application:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/en/apps/download/creative-cloud

You do not have to pay for any subscriptions.  However, it seems to be in charge of the licensing for some older Elements versions and downloading the application has worked for many users trying to  install older versions of Elements on their computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I called Adobe support and after a long wait, they said that Photoshop Elements 11 was not compatible with Windows 11, but I will try your suggestion. Thank you. Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I successfully installed Adobe Creative Cloud but could not find a way to install my older PSE 11. Can you give me full instructions. It looks like my PSE 11 is registered, but that is as far as I got. Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, this is the error message I got when I was checking for registration in Adobe Creative Cloud. I do not understand the message as I have uninstalled PSE 11 from both computers. Can you help? 

[Screenshot removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norman, I have removed your screenshot because it contains your serial number.  Your Photoshop Elements program has already been registered, so you cannot register the license number again.  If you go further down the Products page from which you took the screenshot, you will see a download link for the registered programs and the serial number as well. 

Now, if you can use a DVD player for your Elements 11 program on your new computer, then all you need do is install from there and see whether the CC Desktop application has worked its magic.  You don't need to do anything with the CC application. It performs its work in the background.

If you don't have a DVD player for your program, then you can use the download link on the Products page of your Adobe account.  However, for Elements 11 the download link is split into two and you need to download both files to the same folder on your computer.  One of the files has an .exe extension and the other is a zip file that has a .7z extension.  There are options for both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.  Make sure you download the 64 bit option. Once you have downloaded both files, click on the exe file and it should install properly.   See my screenshot of the download files below:

Snap_2022.12.23_11h41m44s_001.png

Note that my screenshot cuts off the .7z download for the 64 bit version.

Once you get the program installed, you may find that you get a message that the program has been installed too many times.  If that happens, you should contact Adobe support as suggested by Peru Bob, and tell them that you only need to reset the activations for the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines