• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2022 and Mac OS Ventura

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought PSE 2022 last year (2021) in November and want to move my iMac now to Ventura (Mac OS13).
However no idea whether my PSE 2022 application will still work with Ventura (and I don't want to
invest 82 Euro right now to update SW that's only one year old).
Anyone with experience with PSE 2022 and Mac OS Ventura?

TOPICS
Feature request , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pse 2022 on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 and it seems to run okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I find it interesting that Adobe always fudges on the question whenever Mac updates its OS. Ventura has been out awhile now--there should be an Adobe page that says what definitely works and what doesn't. The company really irritates me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff Arola, have you tried any earlier versions to see whether they may "work" on Ventura?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i haven't as yet, since Ventura is on Mac that has an M1 Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working for over a month trying to figure out how to make it work, not successful!  Not a computer whiz but have never had problems like this till Montery and Ventura.  About had it with adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could easily update their products (I've had Affinity for years and they just update it when Apple changes operating sytems).  Adobe wants you to buy a new PSE for $80 every year or so, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So effectively they are making their only perpetual license product into a subscription because it has to be re-purchaed every year to keep up with macOS updates?

I read somewhere — someone in Germany please confirm if this is true — that Germany is considering passing legislation that would require manufacturers to support devices for seven years. If even ONE country would require the likes of Apple and Adobe to support their products for 7 years (at least the security updates, sheesh!) it would be game-changing for everyone. 

Eventually everybody changes jobs or retires and can't justify keeping up with annual updates that routinely break software that is only supported 1-2 versions back. Even Microsoft is only supporting macOS two versions back (2 years), which is rediculous! 

Why doesn't Apple spread out it's macOS update cylce to every THREE YEARS with Adobe, Microsoft and others supporting the products for an additional two (5 years)? Given the global inflation crisis, the least they can do is stop acting like it's 1995. We don't need/want a new whiz-bang-gadget-gizmo-feature set *every year*! Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the Mac side yes one needs to purchase new software quite often when upgrading operating systems mainly because of the changes Apple makes. For example, starting with macOS Catalina 10.15 Apple dropped support for 32 bit applications, then along comes the Silicon Processor Macs M1, M2, etc and each case new software

has to be purchased by users.  It's pretty much been the same since the first Mac debuted in 1984, so there is nothing new about having to get new software on the Mac side.

Windows of course is totally different where users can use the same software for many years without having to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnd70391970, I'm always curious why users complain about Adobe not updating older programs for Apple's newest and latest OS.  It is the fundamental job of the OS to allow programs like Elements to operate on their computers.  Why is it that Apple can't produce an OS that allows existing (legacy) programs to work properly when an update is released?  (I can still use Elements 4 on my Windows 11 machine.)

Affinity is a photo editor that doesn't have a fraction of the features that Elements offers.  That's fine for users who don't need/want those additional features.  And while Adobe is a huge and successful company, Apple's market capitalization is more than 10 times that of Adobe.  I don't think Apple is a charitable organization. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines