• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE organizer 23 restore not fully restoring

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought a new imac and when I tried to restore my organizer catalog it refuses to provide the correct file structure.  It does restore all sub-files but not the main folder.  I do PS and have over 30,000 image files.  It takes an extraordinary amount of time to find what I'm looking for in that it didn't restore my tags either!  I have tried every which way but loose using different things which may correct the problem to no avail!  I'm attaching a screen shot of half of what it looks like!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about the Mac OS, but it looks like you are in the View as List setting.  You need to be in the View as Tree setting.  Click on the "hamburger" icon next to the My Folders panel heading and you can make the change which should then show your OS folder hierarchy.

Snap_2022.11.25_12h30m23s_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes tried that.  It's the same in both llist and tree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please explain what you mean when you say the tags are missing.  Do you mean the Keyword Tags panel does not appear?  If so, you need to toggle it on with the button in the lower right of the window.

Snap_2022.11.24_22h39m3s_008-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all the tags on there but none are attached to the files they were placed prior.  I have placed the tag .xml list with the catalog to no avail which I don't know is necessary, but tried that too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you backup and restore your catalog? Did you use Elements to do so or some other backup program?  And what kind of tags are you talking about? (People/Places/Events or Keyword Tags)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the Organizer - always do - and sorry, the tags are Keword tags

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@docsheila and @Greg_S. 

Also come back to a previous post from @docsheila :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/maintaining-tag-structure-on-re-instal...

About the 'main folder':

Bought a new imac and when I tried to restore my organizer catalog it refuses to provide the correct file structure.  It does restore all sub-files but not the main folder. 

By @docsheila

When you set up your choices to restore your 'catalog' (in PSE that means restoring both the catalog folder and the photo library tree) you choose either 'same location' or you specify the new master folder that will contain your library tree along with the catalog (ie the database) folder. My strong advice is to create that master folder which will be the container of your "catalog" before starting the restore. Ignore the 'default' Windows Pictures system folder. Create the new master folder yourself, preferably just under the root folder of the drive of your choice.

The issues of "missing tags" can be very different:

- the tags are not missing, they are not shown where the user expects

- the user is in a new empty catalog created by default instead of the restored/converted catalog.

- the user has used an alternative backup solution (see the previous discussion)

- the user has imported the files instead of converting the old version catalog (see the previous discussion)

- The Windows 'Pictures' system folder has changed in different Win versions. It can be accessed either from the 'Pictures' shortcut or the full path including your user name...

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines