• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Things to do before you purchase and download a new version.....

Mentor ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version of PSE typically gets released about the second week of October through about the first week of November, sometimes a tad later than that. 

NO!  I don't know when-I doubt that even Adobe knows.....

Be prepared!

TIME FOR SOME HOUSE KEEPING: (you should have backup copies of all this stuff allready....)

Make a backup copy off all these items, and tuck them away where you can find them:

Custom shape libraries you've downloaded.

Custom styles you have downloaded and installed (right now some of you are thinking.... "wait... what? we can download custom styles???").

All custom brushes you have downloaded and installed, or created.

Any custom color pallets you have downloaded and installed, or edited.

All actions you have downloaded and installed.

Remember: A new version installation does not update an older version- it's a brand new installation, just like when you installed it for the very first time.

Any custom libraries / content you have added to, created, or edited will not appear in the new version- you have to manually reinstall / add them.

Make sure you know how to login to your adobe account: double check everything the arrows point to:

2021-09-11_161621.jpg

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Glenn 8675309 wrote:

A new version of PSE typically gets released about the second week of October through about the first week of November, sometimes a tad later than that. NO!  I don't know when-I doubt that even Adobe knows.....

Most likely it will be October 26 this year along with the new versions of all the other applications that are released on the first day of the Adobe MAX conference (online and free in 2021 due to Covid).

https://max.adobe.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines