• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating camera raw

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Panasonic S5. WHen I previously bought a Panasonic G9 I had to update cAdobe Camera Raw to the newest version. It was so frustrating that I just updated to Elements 19. Now I'm faced with the same problem with the S5. I need Adobe Camera raw 13.1. I downloaded it and ran the execute program but Elements still won't open the S5 Raw files. The update says it's complete. What the hell is it updating.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 supports the Camera Raw plug-in up to version 11.4.

The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in that is supported in the current version of Photoshop Elements (2021) is 13.0. That version of the plug-in supports the Panasonic LUMIX DC-S5 (you don't need version 13.1 which is not available for Elements).

If you are unable or unwilling to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2021, you can download the Adobe DNG Converter which will convert your raw images into a format that Photoshop Elements 2019 can open:

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Another option which might be available to you is this workaround:

Update the Camera Raw version on your Mac or Windows machine

@Greg_S. talks about the workaround in this thread:

Nikon Z7 II Raw Won't Open in PSE 2020

Here's a few screenshots of me running Camera Raw 13.2 in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 (with a .rw2 file taken with a Panasonic S5) after using that workaround:

Screenshot 2021-05-05 221417.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-05 221556.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-05 221740.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines