• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A script to split each colour into a seperate layer?

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I was just wondering if anybody knows of a script that can automate the task of taking a single layer with a few different colours in it (only a few, I'm talking between 2-10 colours here) and seperate out each colour to put on it's own layer.

I did a quick google search and came accross this Split to Layers | Photoshop Scripts ,
It's not what I want to do specifically obviously but seems to me it should be possible to modify this to somehow select by colour threshold instead of selecting continuous blocks in the alpha channel. I had a look inside the script but I wouldn't have foggiest of how to alter the code to what I need.

Anybody here have any ideas?

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Then finally opening up in photoshop, seperate into layers and applying any final details (shading, highlights, more colours etc)

Personally I think you might be better off sticking with Illustrator once you vectorised the image.

In the absence of anti-aliasing (I had to clean up the image considerably, PNG should have worked better) and with a limited number of colors a Scripting approach seems feasible indeed.

This Script is strictly for RGB images and attempts to determine the colors, if you k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dhaneshm20727253  wrote

I have one vector image I want to split the color to separate layer, following images is sample image

Capture123.PNG

That is not a vector image.  Open a vector image like a  .SVG Photoshop imports it as a raster layer not vectors.  If you place it in as a Vector smart Object then again there are no vectors in Photoshop. The vectors are in the AI object not Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i want to be work in photoshop only.if it use this script in that image,and more over i have lot of color in another image.so kindly fix it .c.pfaffenbichler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change his script to use color samplers you can split up to 10 colors.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your decision not to use the apparently available vector data would mean that you willingly risk producing a worse result than possible.

And in answer to your PMs I have recommended that you start a new thread.

Which Script are you talking about anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who has photoshop color separation atn or script to share,thank you, [removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are you talking about exactly? 

Please post meaningful screenshots to illustrate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines