Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR raw file issue - Nikon D750

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having an issue with three newer memory cards and reading the files NEF, Raw Nikon files (D750) to my 2017 iMac. I have Photoshop CC and the newest version is downloaded, for Camera Raw too. I can see the files on my camera. When I load the card (the current one is Lexar card), sometimes it shows nothing on it. Other times it will show the card and the folders, but the images are just that RAW icon (doesn't show a preview). Sometimes it will even some the tiny thumbnail preview in the open dialogue box for ACR, but if I click on an imae - it will tell me "Photoshop cannot open this type of file".

I alos have issues trying to eject the card. It will continually tell me the card is "in use", despite closing eveyrthing. Sometimes after taking out the card and trying several times, I can get a few images to load into ACR and edit them. But it's rare. 

I've reinstalled photoshop. Other cards work just fine. 

Is this a card issue? Any ideas? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are not importing images but rather trying to open them directly from card? Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop are not responsible if your system does not show or recognize files on external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's only one thing to say here: Do it the proper way - copy the files to a folder on your hard drive and work on them there. Never work directly off a memory card. Ever.

If you do, corruption and all sorts of problems are very likely. You're on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that. I've done it this way for years without issue and had no idea it was a problem.  Thanks for the advice, even if it was given rudely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't mean to be rude, sorry about that - but I did mean to be very clear. The card is formatted in camera, using a certain file system and formatting, and if the computer starts to write into that it's inviting problems. Only the camera should write to the card.

You may have done this without problems until now. But now you are getting problems, and this is the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines