• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Capture and Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have some old "patterns" I made in my iPhone with Adobe Capture a few years ago. I recently found them again and I am having trouble with making them seamless (repeatable and tileable no matter the size of the document). I have transferred them into my Libraries. In order to make these patterns seamless, I used to go to the Preset Manager as the first step, then to Define Pattern (I believe), but the Preset Manager is no longer available for patterns. I hope someone can advise me on how to work around this, or whether they are no longer useable. Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@folderolgirl wrote:

I used to go to the Preset Manager as the first step, then to Define Pattern (I believe), but the Preset Manager is no longer available for patterns.

In a recent Photoshop update, patterns were made more accessible by moving them out of the Preset Manager into their its own Patterns panel: Choose Window > Patterns to open it.

Gradients and Shapes also have their own panels now, and you manage them the same way as Patterns.

@folderolgirl wrote:

I am having trouble with making them seamless (repeatable and tileable no matter the size of the document).

Another recent Photoshop change was adding the new Pattern Preview mode, which gives you an interactive view of how your pattern is tiling. Choose View > Pattern Preview to see it. Here is how to use Pattern Preview:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/pattern-preview.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying. I followed the instructions at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/pattern-preview.html, but it still is not working. Here's what I did:

1. Opened a new blank doc
  2. Opened Pattern Preview
  3. Clicked the + sign on the Patterns panel.

It looked good at this point, but when I created a new (much larger) blank document and applied the new pattern from the Patterns panel, the pattern is not tileable.

I have attached 2 images to show what I mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines