• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC has taken over perpetual licence for Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Photoshop CS6 installed locally on my laptop for a long time under a perpetual licence. I no longer have the original installation discs or packaging, so have no activation code. More recently, I was with an employer that signed up to a group licence for CC. I have left that employer and have been removed from the group licence. Now my local CS6 installation doesn't work, as it was clearly taken over by the group CC licence. I've uninstalled CC, but still can't access CS6 as I am being asked for an activation code, which I don't have. Can anybody advise what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happened to me also The creative cloud tried to update CS6 perpetual windows 13.0.1.3 to Creative Cloud CS6 extended version 13.1.2  It  fail and broke CS6 which then reported it was version 13.0.  I had to install CS6 onto of the broken install the would always fail to update. Once I did the install 13.0 was working and when I ran update it updated  to Creative Cloud version CS6 13.1.2.  It could no longer run the old CS5 optional Plug-ins but a Scripting bug I reported was fixed which was not fix in perpetual CS6 13.0.1.3

Try removing all Adobe software and download Adobe cleaner to wipe out all traces of Photoshop. The install CS6 with your perpetual serial. If its an upgrade from CS5 you will also need your CS5 serial during installing and activating CS6.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and used CC Cleaner and it still calls up the the CC verification routine when launching PS CS6 and refuses to launch CS6.  I even rolled back to a backup of the Photoshop and releveant Adobe directories, still no go. 

I suspect it is the installer version of Photoshop CS6 I am using ... i.e. it is too new.  I can not find my old CS6 disks (lost some stuff in a move) and have a downloaded version that I believe is probably the "CC-enhanced" version.

Soooo ... is there ANY way to get an older install packet that is both legit/safe?

Thanks,
Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can download it from here

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ged+Traynor  wrote

Hi

You can download it from here

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Thanks, Ged.  But unfortunately, that is going to be the latest version ... which I already have, and will cause the same issues because Adobe has inserted/embedded -- well, for lack of a better word at the moment -- a "hook" that calls to a CC Cloud Subscription.  (i.e the "enahced-cc version I mentioned.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware there's only one installer for the old perpetual CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, well I know there is (or was) 13.0.1.3 (and of course 13.0), and the latest (CC hooked) is 13.1.2.  Do you happen to know which version this is on the Adobe site?  My guess would be the latest, and therefore 13.1.2.  Perhaps this is just a function of CC being installed, but I kind of doubt it ... or I doubt that they wouldn't currently only have the 13.1.2 version in other words. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.0.1.3 was an update for CS6 more info

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows

Adobe Photoshop version history - Wikipedia

So the version in that link should be 13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha, that could very well be then, but it is the same version I already have tried.  So it must be something else that is called (and has been recently altered by Adobe) when Photoshop is launched.  Actually, since I tried a rollback of all those folders, it MUST be this.  Frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ged!  That last part sounds promising ... although I am, as one  might imagine, loathe to invoke anything involving CC again on this system.  Maybe I'll give it a shot when I am not so busy.  PS CS4 is fitting the bill right now just fine for the most part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem years ago.  I solved this problem by having two Adobe ID accounts.  One for my perpetual licenses and one account for my Creative Cloud subscription license.  You must use two different email accounts, both Adobe accounts cannot use the same email address.  The only problem with this method is, you can only be signed into one Adobe account at a time.  If you want to use the perpetual version of CS6, you must sign out of your Creative Cloud Adobe ID and sign into your perpetual Adobe ID (where CS6 is registered).  Adobe support has to move the perpetual licenses out the Adobe ID used for the creative cloud subscription service and into the Adobe ID for perpetual licenses.

There are two different versions of CS6, the perpetual version and the subscription version (the subscription version of CS6 occurred before Creative Cloud existed).  The subscription version has one more update than the perpetual version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting ... thanks, Jstar444.  I definitely do not have the subscription version.  Unless I somehow overwrote that a long time ago when I had a CC subscription years ago.  But it has been working fine all this time ... this insidious "corruption" had just occurred with my the latest CC update.  Although I could have sworn there was an update to Photoshop CS6 that had a "side-effect" that interwinded it (for lack of a better word) with CC somehow.  Again, didn't appear to be a problem until just the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to run the Adobe Cleaner to get rid of any CC files and apps. You can still download Photoshop CS6 and find your activation code in your Adobe account. Hopefully you registered it which will make it easy to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does not matter when CS6 became a licensing problem.  It just matters that it has happened.   The Creative Cloud subscription license will take control.  Adobe is not going to try to get both perpetual and subscription licenses to coexist since the perpetual versions are End of Life and no longer supported.  This problem also occurred for people that had a CC subscription and perpetual version of Lightroom.  They wanted to legally run Lightroom on four computers instead of just two.  The only way to accomplish this was to create two Adobe accounts, one for the CC subscription and one for the perpetual license.

When I am logged into my CC subscription account, Creative Cloud Desktop always shows an update for my perpetual version of Photoshop CS6.  The update it wants to install is for the last version of the subscription copy of Photoshop CS6.   If I try to install it, the install will fail because the installer determines that is not compatible with my version of CS6.  I just ignore this update and never install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines