Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe RAw conversion problem:Image washed out and color fringing

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background of the issue

I was a photoshop user for a decade. In the last 2 years, since using CC I could figure out lot of issue especially in image quality after export and the performance lags.

1. When I opened the jpeg and did the editing in photoshop and exported, it given me correct results.
  2. Same file opened in Adobe raw version released with 2020 ACR12 latest version I am getting image slightly washedout and purple and green fringes which happens similar to chromatic aberration.

What I did

• Re arranged my color profiles to SRGB recommended version
  • My color setting is (North America General Purpose 2)
  • Export profile (Embeded SRGB)
  • Tried multiple options (Performance option), enabled GPU acceleration, tried without that.
  • Un ticked Camera raw GPU option and vice versa
  • Contacted Adobe Customer care(They did lot of things in color settings and nothing worked.I told them I will contact later

My assumption

• IT could be RAW conversion issue.
  • Why I said Adobe RAW issue?
    • I tried with Canon Digital Professional Raw Conversion and there is no issue with that image
    • All the screenshots are shown below

Adobe raw issue.JPGcanon raw converted.JPGeosr jpeg.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chromatic aberration is corrected under Lens Corrections in ACR:

CA_corr.png

Like everything else in ACR this is a manual setting. It doesn't happen automatically. What most people do, however, is to save new default settings with this included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to D_Fosse's comment

A good place to start if you want what you see on the camera's LCD to ACR is to use a profile that matches what you had set in your camera's settings.

2019-12-01_08-42-13.jpg2019-12-01_08-41-00.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This all i have tried.Not getting the expected result.

Also the raw image looks over exposure compared to the captured image.Slightly washed out.

Still its a pain i have to process using canon dpp and transfer to photoshop 😢 which i dont prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for your other questions regarding overall color and tone: ACR will not, and is not supposed to, match the camera jpeg or Canon's DPP. It has nothing to do with color spaces. ACR is simply a very different processing engine, the algorithms are different, and the result is different.

There is no such thing as a "correct" way to render raw data. The camera jpeg/DPP is just Canon's idea of how the image should look. You may have other ideas. It's your image, not Canon's.

There are camera-matching profiles in ACR that should get you pretty close if that's what you want. Or for that matter, if you prefer DPP over ACR, use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started only with the latest version Raw 12.0.In my previous version 11.4 it was working excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines