Highlighted

ADOBE SUBSCRIPTION IS A SCAM

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They wouldn't let me cancel during my "trial" and now after they autimatically took $20 out of my account, they want to charge me $40 for an early-cancellation? Straight up scam. I will NEVER use Adobe again. I'm a freelance graphic designer and have a very low income. This is a straight smack in the face. 

Topics

FAQ, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADOBE SUBSCRIPTION IS A SCAM

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They wouldn't let me cancel during my "trial" and now after they autimatically took $20 out of my account, they want to charge me $40 for an early-cancellation? Straight up scam. I will NEVER use Adobe again. I'm a freelance graphic designer and have a very low income. This is a straight smack in the face. 

Topics

FAQ, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the software is pretty amazing.  If you're freelancing as a graphic designer, I'm not sure how one would get by without Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.

The best pricing is, of course, the academic pricing.  If you're enrolled in a community college course, that's usually the easiest way to get that pricing.  Actually, Adobe extended Creative Cloud at no cost until the end of May for students currently enrolled in a class.

I'd reach out to Adobe again and tell the agent that due to COVID-19 you cannot continue your subscription at this time.  Also, you can file a dispute with your credit card.

Next time you sign up for something with a trial period, keep a close eye on the end date of the trial if you think you don't want to continue.

Oh, also, your subscription is a business expense that you should be able to deduct from your taxes (check with your accountant).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could always use GIMP or another designing software easily. I used to own a physical older version of Photoshop and wanted to try out the newer version. I regret it. It would be one thing if I waited out the whole 7-day period, but I didn't. I tried to cancel the trial and it gave me an error. Not only am I mad because I couldn't cancel my trial and had to pay the $20 anyways, but now they're expecting me to pay $41.98 for an early cancellation. Nowhere in that agreement did I see a cancellation fee or I wouldn't have signed up to begin with. Not only that, but I can't take my card off of my account even after adding another card to it. What they're doing is absolutely disgusting and there are plenty of others on here who have been screwed over by them as well. I'm not a student, so I don't have any benefits of getting a discount anyhow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting customer care via the speechbubble-icon here

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

but keep a cool head and keep in mind that if you should be able to communicate with an actual person that person is not Adobe. 

But quite frankly I don’t undertand your issue completely: How did Adobe even have acces to your credit card (or pther mode of payment) if you only ran the trial? 

As concerns »early-cancellation penalty« some people seem to have misunderstood in the past – depending on the plan the specific price would only apply to preset periods of time with no option of random termination and payment for only the time passed at that point. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't even let me sign up for the trial without entering my information first. I tried to contact through the customer service during my trial period, nothing was resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked out the »am I eligible for a refund«-section here? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancel your bank card. It worked for me. Actually I paid for 12 months, then didn't find how to cancel... and I cancel my card)) too expensive,  plus I didn't really use the programs. Their free trials are the same. Not free at all)))) 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines