• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice needed regarding selling Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I wasn’t sure if I should submit to the forum or contact Adobe directly, but I would appreciate anyone’s input/advice.

Five years ago, I had purchased the boxed Photoshop CS6 from an authorized Adobe re-seller but never ended up using it, because once I had learned about Lightroom, I felt it better suited my needs.  Although I had removed the plastic shrink wrap that the box came in, I never opened the manufacture tape on both ends – so, it is in Like New condition. 

I would like to sell it, but I am concerned that if I did, the buyer could potentially install it, complain for any reason (even though there is nothing wrong with it), request a refund, and re-sell the serial number.  However, if I choose to use the Transfer of License Form through Adobe, I would have to open the box and register it.  I don’t mind choosing this option, but I would like to sell it in its current Like New condition.

My question is:  Should I sell it as is and take a chance with the buyer?  Or, should I open the box and register it first in my name and then transfer the license to the buyer?

While the answer might seem obvious to some, I was not sure and wanted to get others’ thoughts.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

There are two parts, the dvd-rom and the serial number.

If there is a complaint about the dvd-rom, you can point the buyer to Adobe's own  downloadable installer:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications which just needs the serial number to activate.

Now, if unopened he could complain the serial is bogus. So it is best to install it and see if it activates. In fact register it with Adobe and arrange to transfer the license to the buyer. That way it's harder to claim the serial was generated.

Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two parts, the dvd-rom and the serial number.

If there is a complaint about the dvd-rom, you can point the buyer to Adobe's own  downloadable installer:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications which just needs the serial number to activate.

Now, if unopened he could complain the serial is bogus. So it is best to install it and see if it activates. In fact register it with Adobe and arrange to transfer the license to the buyer. That way it's harder to claim the serial was generated.

Advice from Ebay:

How to buy or sell used Adobe software on eBay | eBay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,

I appreciate that you took the time to reply to my thread.  You gave such great advice and brought up some points that I hadn't even considered.  That Download link will be especially helpful.

I've been debating about what to do, but after reading your response, I have decided to activate the serial number myself and then transfer it to the buyer.  Instead of taking any chances that could potentially cause financial problems later on, I would much rather be on the safe side now and know that I took precautions.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should also make it crystal clear to the buyer that CS6 is by now a dead end. It is not upgradeable in any way, and it will never receive any more updates. In short, the train has left the station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D Fosse,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.  That is a really good idea, and I will make sure to mention that. I’m trying to think of as much information as I can to include when I sell the software, and comments like yours and gener7’s will go a long way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines