• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All brushes work as eraser

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm a bit of a newbie to photoshop and I'm having a recurring issue. It doesn't happen all the time, but often when I try to use any of the tools, photoshop seems to read it as an eraser. Even if I have another tool such as the brush or the lasso, photoshop only thinks its an eraser, and it shows up as eraser in the history. I'm not sure what to do. At first restarting photoshop seemed to fix it, but now it pops up whenever, and nothing fixes it other than simply waiting and hoping it works the next time I need to use it.

Can anyone help me out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop brushes are acting as an erasor in Photoshop. In the latest version 2020, if you just press and hold the tilde (~) key on your keyboard, it will turm the brush to act like a erasor. So it might be possible that this is causing the issue. Press the ~ key to see if your brushes start to behave as expected.

If that does not help, reset the brush tool to default. Checkout this article for more details on how to reset the tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using a mouse or tablet?  If tablet, then are you using the right end of the pen?

What makes your issue interesting is that you say it even happens when using the lasso.  Do you see the correct icon when using the lasso?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines