• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All images i am importing(raw) to Photoshop(PS) or lightroom(LR) turn dark

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that images look fine when i am watching them in image viewer or mobile device or any other device but when they are imported for editing purpose in PS or LR they turn dark(almost black) I tried evrything and i am stuck from last 3 days. I tred resetting prefrences, re-installing, and a lot of things and i got nothing. Someone please help.

Lightroom-preview.JPGPhotoshop-preview.JPGWindows photoviewer and in mobile devices.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Most likely a broken monitor profile. Windows "Photos" is not color managed and doesn't use the profile.

As a temporary fix, replace your current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and relaunch PS/Lr (the profile is loaded at application startup). The proper way to deal with it is to use a calibrator to make a new profile, but if you don't have one, sRGB should be close enough for non-critical work.

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely a broken monitor profile. Windows "Photos" is not color managed and doesn't use the profile.

As a temporary fix, replace your current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and relaunch PS/Lr (the profile is loaded at application startup). The proper way to deal with it is to use a calibrator to make a new profile, but if you don't have one, sRGB should be close enough for non-critical work.

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, i was trying to change color profiles but only in Softwares, not WINDOWS. Thanks once again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to distinguish between document profiles, which are handled in application color settings, and the monitor profile, which is handled by the operating system.

Photoshop and Lightroom have no influence over the monitor profile. They just have to use whatever they get from the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
The issue persists even after changing the color profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines