• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All settings and presets gone

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I opened Photoshop the following error message appeared and it crashed. When it opened up, all my settings were gone. "Your pattern file is bad or corrupted."
I have been waiting for over a week for the call centre to help me and they don't know what to do about this. They are messing me around.

How do I reinstall Photoshop so that files are NOT corrupted anymore, AND THEN restore my settings and presets? Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you're on Windows go to this location assuming you're on Photoshop version 2021

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

Close Photoshop and delete the Patterns.psp file, it will be recreated by Photoshop

2020-12-22 10_37_08-Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings.png

As for the settings and presets there's no way to get them back unless you already backed them up

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.
I'm so angry. This is a recurring fault and issue. There is clearly a bug in the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can reset your Photoshp preferences under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines