• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-save and Auto-recovery in Photoshop CC 2015 - do not work

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no folder called "AutoRecover" inside - C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\

So I went and created that folder, but still PS does not automatically creates a recovery file (I set it to save a recovery file every 10 minutes).

What can be wrong, and how to fix it so PS will start saving recovery files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use CC 2015 too many bugs.  But I just tested CC 2015 opened a document made some changer an waited the autorecover time and look ant sat a Recover PSB file had been created. I did not kill PS so I did not test starting PS.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm apparently missing something, but how did this answer the original question? I also have noticed that Photoshop CC 2015 is not auto-saving / recovering files. I've tested it by editing a file, leaving it open and unsaved and then letting my laptop battery run down and shut the laptop down; the file is not saved. All my settings in preferences are correct. So, again, I'm not certain as to how this answers the question? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need do is check your Photoshop Preferences.File handling section.  Make sure that Automatically Save Recovery Information Every (Pull Down Time List) I have mine set to 10 Minutes.  Open a document a make some changes.   Leave that document open in Photoshop.  On Windows use Windows File Explored on a Mac use Finder to find your user ID Photoshop Version AutoRecovery folder.  I use Windows my user ID Photoshop CC 2015 AutoRecover folder is "C:\Users\John J McAssey\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\AutoRecover" That folder is normally empty unless you have a modified document open in Photoshop CC 2015 longer than the selected autorecover time. Now Wait the time refresh File Explorer or Finder display. You should see the Photoshop CC 2015 has saved a PSB file in that folder.  The File name used should contain the opend document name is some part of the generated name.   When you see there is a revovert file windows open Windows Task Manager  highlight Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 and click End Task to terminate Photoshop to simulate a crash or machine failure.  On a Mack use whatever you use to terminate and an Application. Once you have terminated Photoshop abnormally with a recovery file present in your user ID Photoshop CC 2015 AutoRecover folder, when you open Photoshop it should open the recovery file. Please do not save the document before terminating Photoshop abnormally  if you do Photoshop will delete the AutoRecover PSB fot the open document has not unsaved modifications.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where is the Folder location on Mac?

I can't find it anywhere nor can I find an answer to that question in Google.

I am talking about Photoshop CC 2015.5

The Mac support from Adobe is just horrid with so many wrong answers or just plain missing information
that can be found regarding to PC and further more there are so many more bugs on Mac than there is on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find the folder within

/Users/"username"/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5

To access the Library folder go to the "GO" menu in Finder then hold "alt"(option) - then the Library option will show in the "GO" menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just discovered a possible solution. I've been struggling for weeks now, as Photoshop was crashing -more likely freezing, so the app was still open, task bar didn't say it is not responding, just simply didn't- at least once a day (because of the markee tool, I still have no answer for that btw), so I was quite desperate to find the autosave files, but they were not in the folder. Ever. Testing, waiting, hoping, nothing. (I usually forget to save my files at the first place, so photoshop cannot autsave it, that's my fault, I know. But it was the case with already saved files as well.)

So at the end I changed the scratch disks priority, to my other disk, what does not contain Windows, (edit/preferences/scratch disks, change it and restart Photoshop) and opened a file for testing. made some changes, and a few minutes later, a folder has been created on that disks root folder, called 'PSAutoRecover', and as a miracle, the psb file was in there.

(E:\PSAutoRecover\Username)

I haven't seen a single psb file since I use Photoshop CC, so I'm the happiest person on earth, the (following) day has been saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows. To find Your folders you should set Finder options to be able to display hidden folders and files and search on AutoRecover on your boot drive in your User Id  space for those hidden folders.  Normally they should be empty. Here is what I see on windows. Each installed version of Photoshop has a AutoRecover folder for each user the uses PS.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly didn't answer the question for me. I have the same problem with CC 2015.5 not auto saving, even though I have it set to back up every 5 minutes. I'm an advanced user, know where the AutoRecover folder should be, etc. It's not there. My folders and files are always set to show hidden, in case you were wondering. This problem actually started in cc 2015, but has continued into 2015.5. I also added an AutoRecover folder, but that dog didn't hunt either. Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same spot as Landailyn as I also have the same problem in CC 2015.5.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be much information available about this problem.
Help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here (Photoshop cc 2015.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By way of update, I had PS (CC 2015.5) crash twice in the past week or so. The first time, i went to look at the Auto-Recovery folder; empty. The next time, i just restarted and a recovered file opened. No change in the settings, still have all the obvious areas checked. It will be interesting to see if it recovers next time there's a crash, though I hope that's not soon, even in the name of research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines