Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bevel 3d perspective effect

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it possible to achieve for a beveled text in Photoshop a perspective look?

I mean, in the middle of the text normal bevel effect and at the sides slightly deviated (by the perspective)?

Here is an example:

https://gifyu.com/image/wgsI

Thanks in advance for Your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Hi David,

Because it’s been two hours since you posted, I’ll partially answer until Dave returns to his office:

• You can use Illustrator‘s 3D Effects for Bevel and Emboss
    or
  • A full-fledged 3D program such as Blender

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest way is probably to add a bevel to text that has been extruded into 3D

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Dave,

thanks for Your time to answer. It's at great idea, but I have a problems with 3D in Photoshop. It just crash each time, when I adjust the textures.

Do you know of any other way to achieve the desired effect?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Because it’s been two hours since you posted, I’ll partially answer until Dave returns to his office:

• You can use Illustrator‘s 3D Effects for Bevel and Emboss
    or
  • A full-fledged 3D program such as Blender

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Jane,

thanks for Your time. I will use Blender, as You say.

Have a nice day,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry I've been away for the afternoon.

You could use another 3D app. You could also simulate the effect by using multiple transformed copy layers in Photoshop.

You could also try going to Help>System info and clicking copy. Then paste the info here. We may be able to see why 3D is crashing for you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Dave,

thank You for that advice, I have used Blender, as Jane added and the work is almost done. Just add textures.

Blender • Preview.png

Have a nice day,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidš74488004  wrote

Hello, Dave,

thank You for that advice, I have used Blender, as Jane added and the work is almost done. Just add textures.

David, I should let you know that I don’t personally use Blender. I only know about it from the amazing artwork that davescm​ creates using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may want to try rolling back to an earlier (stable) version of Photoshop for your 3d work... you can have more than one Photoshop on the same system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it's true that I use the 3D features in Photoshop 2017 to create shadows instead the actual version. But I prefer to use multiple layers with blending options to create spatial effect, than the 3D itself. I just wasn't sure if there was an opportunity to achieve desired effect. I thought about Some distortion, or deformation in horizontal direction for just the layer with the bevel effect, but it didn't work properly. Do not worry though, I already solve my problem in my project, by Jane's idea. I used Blender.

But thanks for Your time.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidš74488004  wrote

Do not worry though, I already solve my problem in my project, by Jane's idea. I used Blender.

David

David, I’m embarrassed that you are giving me the credit! davescm​ is teh one who said, “Sorry I've been away for the afternoon. You could use another 3D app.,” and when he didn’t come back within a few hours, all I did was name the one I know he uses.

I’m glad Blender is working for you, though, he speaks highly of it and I’ve seen his amazing work. Ussnorway​ will agree.

~Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

I’m glad Blender is working for you, though, he speaks highly of it and I’ve seen his amazing work. Ussnorway  will agree.

~Jane

yes you can see Daves Blender art by taking a look at the start image on any of the "something for the weekend" threads

here is one of my favourites...

Something for the weekend - Part 51 - Merry Christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys.

Jane - of course yours was the correct answer - it worked for David.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this effect is something that will work for you (see image below) feel free to download my free actions https://www.designeasy.co/2018/05/free-retro-effects-photoshop-actions.htm

By the way, you can customize final effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to All,

I would like to thank you all for advice and ideas on how to solve this problem. Some ideas have been told a number of times, and despite that, I'm sorry I misinterpreted the author. I did not mean to offend anyone. I really appreciate your work out there.

To Dave: Nice work out there. It's really inspirational.

To Bojan: Well, I'll look into it.

Have a nice day,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

The important thing is that you were able to move forward with your project, and it does look nice! We are all friends here and work together, so no issues there.

Best,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines