Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mustafa_khaled_0-1592996434354.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 21.2 icon in the taskbar appears with a black box over it.

Would you mind unpinning the icon from the taskbar and then pin it again? Also, have you tried reinstalling the app to see if the issue still persists?

If that does not help, please checkout the steps mentioned in this article https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar-windows-10/02340804-650b... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Clearing the icon cache fixed it. Search Google for 'windows 10 clear icon cache'. On Windows 10 there are 2 folders that have cache files, previous versions of windows only had one file so make sure the instructions include both folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Very annoying to look at this black square. I've rebuilt the icon cache and also the thumbnail cache, but nothing seems to work. I've also unpinned, and repinned, and also uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, to no avail. very annoying can you please fix this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rebuilding the icon cache using a BAT file worked for me.

Here's the link: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5645-rebuild-icon-cache-windows-10-a.html

Then, restart your PC. Remove the Photoshop icon on the taskbar and pin it again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines