Blurry edges when using shape selections or eraser in PS CC

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question #1: When using the marquee rectangular or elliptical tools, my paint tool and brush tool won't make a crisp edge. It looks feathered. My older version at work does it perfectly. I've tried adjusting all the various brush settings and can't find a solution. The only way I can get it to work is with the polygonal lasso tool which is hard to make nice curves. I'm using the hardest brush at 100%, but I've tried all the brush settings.

Question #2: I'd like to type on the bottom of a curve or circle. I have no problem with the bottom of the lettering touching the curve, but I want type at the bottom of the curve with the tops of the letters touching the curve (so they're right side up).

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blurry edges when using shape selections or eraser in PS CC

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question #1: When using the marquee rectangular or elliptical tools, my paint tool and brush tool won't make a crisp edge. It looks feathered. My older version at work does it perfectly. I've tried adjusting all the various brush settings and can't find a solution. The only way I can get it to work is with the polygonal lasso tool which is hard to make nice curves. I'm using the hardest brush at 100%, but I've tried all the brush settings.

Question #2: I'd like to type on the bottom of a curve or circle. I have no problem with the bottom of the lettering touching the curve, but I want type at the bottom of the curve with the tops of the letters touching the curve (so they're right side up).

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2020 0
cmgap LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  If you have the marquis rectangular or elliptical tool selected the feather setting is at the top of the window - what is the Feather selection set at? The feather setting will control the edge of the selection regardless of the brush you are working with. Try a simple test to see the results. Draw a circle with the feather setting at 0 and fill with a color, draw another circle with a feather setting at 2px tap your brush tool and fill the circle.

2.. Check out this  tut here:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-type-effects.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0