• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding Box no Longer Highlights During Transform Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use Photoshop frequently and just updated to 2020 today. I immediately noticed that whenever a layer is selected with the bounding box showing, there is no visible difference between just having the layer selected and editing the layer in transform mode. In the previous version of PS, the bounding box would highlight and the line would become thicker to confirm it was being edited. 

I tried resetting preferences, but there was no change. I can't seem to find if this is a new aesthetic update in 2020 anywhere. Anyone have any ideas on a way to fix this? Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the move tool check the Tool options bar check boxes

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have them checked, the bounding box is visible. It is not highlighting when in transform/editing scale mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe in CC 2019 The bounding box  was changest to be a path bounding  box older version used marching ants not paths lines. I'm on windows and see the pathe with transform scale.

Capture.jpg

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has the solid line or path line. In 2019, the bounding box still highlights or becomes a thicker path line when in transform mode. It basically goes from a 1 px line to a 1.5 px line to indicate visually it is being edited. It reverts back to a 1 px line once you hit enter or exit transform mode.

2020 stays a 1 px line regardless of being in transform mode or not. It's annoying for someone like me who is used to the visual indicator that it is being edited. It's probably an aesthetic choice someone made for 2020, not imagining it would influence how some people work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the GPU helps, but it is not an option. (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could report it over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA !  i literally tried everyhting for hours to fix this.  You know what it was??... a little box at the top of the workspace called "show transform controls".   hahah... see attached picboundbox.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This worked for me. I was can't count the times I've restarted the program or checked and unchecked dozens of boxes and settings. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you this has been making me crazy. been looking for a solution to this fir months. it is so difficult to work moving between on so many layers having to hide the box manually every time...UGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear lord, that was EXACTLY the problem, the tiny "show transform controls" box at the top, and it took me over one hour to solve the issue! THAT BOX SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION, JUST LEAVE THE DANG THING ON!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us would hate that we do not want to see  transform controls when we are not transforming layers. They are distracting and hid image details.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THank you SOOOO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines