Highlighted

Brush Settings Keep affecting Other New Brushes!!!!

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I am doing my best NOT to pull my hair out. I have literally created two completely different brushes ( a scatter brush and a sketching brush) and when I go to save all the settings for one and THEN back just to use the other, the settings from the OTHER brush has now affected the brush (ex. the scatter is now on the sketch brush, so i uncheck it and it also affects the actual scatter on the scatter brush itself), even though I saved it WITHOUT those settings. What the heck is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush Settings Keep affecting Other New Brushes!!!!

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I am doing my best NOT to pull my hair out. I have literally created two completely different brushes ( a scatter brush and a sketching brush) and when I go to save all the settings for one and THEN back just to use the other, the settings from the OTHER brush has now affected the brush (ex. the scatter is now on the sketch brush, so i uncheck it and it also affects the actual scatter on the scatter brush itself), even though I saved it WITHOUT those settings. What the heck is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

And then please post meaningful screenshot including all pertinent Panels (Brushes, Brush Settings, Options, …) to illustrate the process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up your preset and click on the New Preset icon

Make sure you check Include Tool Settings

Open the Preset Manager

Use the dropdown to select Brushes

Make a new Group and drag your preset into it.

Save Set —  This create a .abr file in the same folder as your other brush presets

It's a bit belt and braces, and you'd obviously organise your new group with more than the one preset, but this is best practice, and safest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this originally. This is why I posted the question. I selected to keep the tool settings and they aren’t staying only on the brush it was assigned to OR if I desel a setting that was already saved for a brush to create another that setting on the previous brush is now gone as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 1
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue, and I've seen a few others ask similar questions, and it seems like not much help has been available. Do you have any tips of fixing this? 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is not helpful at all. The problem is that for example, brush A has NO "scattering". I then create a new brush preset, brush B, with "scattering". But when I select brush A again, the setting shows it has "scattering", even when the option is locked. Similarly, when I uncheck "scattering" for brush A, the "scattering" option gets unchecked as well for brush B. I did not change brush by clicking different brush tips as many other solutions mentioned.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you misunderstand what locking does in the Brush Settings Panel? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i think so, I just relized that locked means the setting won't be affected when switching between brushes, although my brush settings are still not stable, my problem is solved at the moment. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 1