• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush settings missing

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! This is the first time I'm posting here, hope I'm posting where I should. I'm a student learning Photoshop in one of my classes. The problem is that the tutorial I'm following is an old one, made for Photoshop CS5, while I have Photoshop CC 2018 on my laptop, and some settings seem to be missing in my version of Ph. In my tutorial I need to create a new brush in which to change the Size, percentages of Bristles, Lenght, Thickness and Stifness (which should be in Bristle Qualities), among other things. I tried to find these settings (also Bristle Qualities menu) in Brush Settings and other parts of Photoshop, but they are nowhere, and neither did I have any luck searching on Google or in the Search menu of Photoshop. I only have in the "Brush settings", in "Brush Tip Shape" menu (which I thought would be the equivalent of Bristle Qualities) things like Hardness, Roundness, Size, Angle and Spacing. Also just creating a new brush won't show these options (thickness, bristles, stiffness etc) either.

Is there a way to find those Bristle Qualities options, do they have some other name or have them been removed altogether? Thanks in advance for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Please post meaningful screenshots of the panel in the tutorial and of your panel. 

Did you actually select a Brsitle Brush? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots of the panel in the tutorial and of your panel. 

Did you actually select a Brsitle Brush? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 18.10.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying c_pffaffenbichler. Found the problem, apparently you can't set the Thickness, Roundness and other settings for some brushes for some reason, like for the "Soft Round" or "Hard Round" brushes from "General Brushes", but selecting a Brush like "Round Blunt" or "Round Fan" (like the one selected in your screenshot) did the trick. Your answer was the solution for me, so thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to use the mixer brush or normal?

If it's a normal bristle brush, click Brush Tip Shape in the brush options to get to the bristle panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying edgrimley. I was using the mixer brush. Found the problem, apparently you can't set the Thickness, Roundness and other settings for some brushes for some reason, like for the "Soft Round" or "Hard Round" brushes from "General Brushes". So picking another brush from Brush Settings menu like "Round Blunt" or "Round Point" did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi i've got the same problem, but with regards the tool presets. I downloaded tool presets from a youtuber, but when i import it, the brush settings is not the same as what it should be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines