Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Photoshop text, transform, and more not working

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all

I just updated to the newest version of Photoshop today (I am a Mac user with Mojave) and just encountered a heap of problems. I completely lost my curser when typing, and the highlight isn't showing up at all, even though it behaves as if I highlighted text. So if I double click and then change the typeface it works, but I have no visual of the highlight or the curser, just the text sitting there. I then tried to transform an element, and there are is no transform box (and when I click the "show transform options" or whatever it's called button, nothing comes up, but my curser shows the options are there. This also happens when importing smart objects.

I figured that this was a problem with my version of Photoshop, so I reverted back, but it didn't work so I kept reverting. The revert tool is broken, and all that's happening is 2019 keeps getting reinstalled with all of its problems. I'm getting incredibly frustrated, and while I can do some stuff on Photoshop I'm not exactly productive, and all I'm doing is wasting bandwidth by redownloading Photoshop again and again.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, because all I can do at the moment is work off my laptop and pray it doesn't shut down with the effort! At least one of my devices I didn't update, but it's not exactly equipped for Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this link and see how many of your issues fit the information there.  If you have issues not covered, then I guess, come back and detail them.   I'm loath to change your subject line at this stage, because a lot of people would see 'Mojave' and not open the thread.  If we know you have a new issue, we'll reflect that in the subject and hopefully attract thew right responders.

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't see any of my issues there so I'll explain them all in detail here:

1. Lost Curser When Typing

When typing, I don't completely lose my mouse, but rather there is no flashing curser to indicate where I am in the text, it just acts like it's not selected, but when I type I'm still in text mode. So if I change between letters or words, I have no idea where I am without typing since there's no flashing indicator of where I'm at.

2. No Highlight on Text

When I drag and click to highlight the text, nothing happens even though that portion of text behaves as if it is highlighted and I can change the fonts no problem, but I can't see what is highlighted. This also goes for double clicking on text to highlight it all; it behaves as though it is highlighted, but it's not showing as highlighted.

3. No Transform Controls

This one is a little tricker to explain, but it actually just fixed itself after I reset my preferences for the third time, but I'll go through it anyway. Basically, I had all the functionality of transform controls, but no visual. There would be no box around what I was transforming, but when I moved my mouse to certain parts I could see that I could actually transform my image, there just wasn't a box around it. This was the same for imported smart objects even though they still had that purple X right through them. Again, though, this one has fixed itself, thank God.

4. Photoshop Versions Won't Revert

So, I started off with the absolute newest version of Photoshop 2019, and had just done a massive update from last year (I was working through several big projects and didn't want to update in the middle of them), and then all of this happened. Since 2018 had been working fine with Mojave, I looked up how to revert back to a previous version, and did that. Went into my CC preferences, allowed previous versions, and then reverted Photoshop back two versions. But it was still on 2019. So I went to the first one marked 2017, and chose that one, but once it was done downloading, I checked it and it was still 2019. Opened it up, and it's still very much 2019, even though Creative Cloud is telling me I have 2017. I keep rebooting my computer hoping that will fix it, but it just keeps saying 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines