• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 12.4

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working through the CIB and on the chapter for Camera Raw, I am miss so many of the tools.  As examples, my film strip is on the bottom missing many icons like Detail button etc, [in the book the tool bar with all tools is on top...mine is on the right....Best way to describe, its the same camra raw for 2019...Caerma raw that I have is 12.4.....if there is an update that I can do to upgrade my Photoshop cc 2020, I would like to solve this....

Best

Suzin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Hi, I am one of the authors of the Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book. You are right, there is a difference between the Photoshop 2019 edition of the book and the current version of Adobe Camera Raw.

When the 2020 edition of Photoshop Classroom in a Book was released, it was written for the version of Photoshop that was released at Adobe MAX in 2019 (Photoshop 2020). At that time, Adobe Camera Raw was at version 12.

In June 2020, Adobe released Adobe Camera Raw 12.3, where they completely r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the current version. Camera Raw can be updated in your CC app. It shows up as it's own app. Did you open just one image or several? You need to open several to see the film strip. Which version of CIB do you have? ACR has been updated and doesn't look like that anymore... it's actually way better now and just like Lightroom.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CIB 2020 release....I opened several images. The version does say 12.4 if
that is the newest. Then I don't understand why I am not getting the newer
version.
What am I missing not doing?

--
*Sz*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select all 3 images in the lesson 12  CIB folder in Bridge, right click and open in Camera Raw, my screen looks like this, what does your screen look like? Can you share a screenshot?

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.51.25 PM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly what you have!!!!. .Thank you for taking a picture... I took a picture what is in the 2020 CIB book.  It's not possible for me to do any of the exercises because there are more tools than I have,  detail panel for example has masking, in other words there are four sliders, there is a detail icon, , the tools are on top. Filmstrip has a menu button, etc. Now I don't feel so bad.  Is it possible that the book is ahead of the next upgrade?  I wouldn't think so. CIB raw.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am one of the authors of the Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book. You are right, there is a difference between the Photoshop 2019 edition of the book and the current version of Adobe Camera Raw.

When the 2020 edition of Photoshop Classroom in a Book was released, it was written for the version of Photoshop that was released at Adobe MAX in 2019 (Photoshop 2020). At that time, Adobe Camera Raw was at version 12.

In June 2020, Adobe released Adobe Camera Raw 12.3, where they completely redesigned Adobe Camera Raw for the first time in many years. Suddenly the software no longer matched what’s in the book. The book is typically updated on a regular basis to keep up with the changes in Photoshop and Camera Raw, so the Camera Raw chapter can be expected to match the software again in a future edition, which is not yet available or announced.

I know that is not helpful for the Camera Raw chapter in the edition of the book that you have, but this change caught us between editions and I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime. For now, one place to become familiar with the new Camera Raw is this tutorial from f64 Academy:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it is helpful to know, it wasn't something I was missing. When you're technically challenged, I always figure its something I am not seeing or doing....thank you for the tutorial. On another note, when the chapter is replaced with a correct matching chapter, when it comes out, can I get a complimentary [insert smile] on just that chapter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looked at the tutorial you included, it was very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Love CIB books they are awesome, this was an unusual situation where I thought I was stumped, greatful for the information, I can not explain how thrilled and relieved I am, just one of those things that happen, once again, thank you for responding and clearing up one of those rare situtation. Stay safe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad, thank you for that, looking forward to the updated version! 

Did ACR 12.3 catch you unawares too?  Still fighting with it myself, especially the crop tool and Lumentri Color interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad, when I open the Camera Raw filter in photoshop v22.3 I can't see the filmstrip. How do I enable the filmstrip. Thank you in advance.

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To show or hide the filmstrip in Camera Raw, click the filmstrip button as shown in the figure below. It also shows the menu that you get when you click and hold that same filmstrip button, because it gives you more options for the filmstrip and selected image. But if you only want to show or hide the filmstrip, just click the button.

Camera-Raw-filmstrip.jpg

If you are using or teaching with the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Classroom in a Book, the filmstrip button is called out on page 286.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you cannot see the filmstrip when you open the CR as a filter in Ps I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sharadd42478312, I think the answer by @Ash Mills Photography is better than my reply, because I now see you were talking about Camera Raw as a filter.

If you are using Camera Raw as a filter inside a Photoshop document, you do not see the filmstrip because you did not open multiple files into Camera Raw. You opened Camera Raw as a filter for one selected layer inside one Photoshop document, so Camera Raw Filter can display only the image contents of that one selected layer.

The filmstrip button appears after you select multiple files and then open Camera Raw. You can select multiple raw files in the Photoshop File > Open dialog box, or in Adobe Bridge (choose File > Open in Camera Raw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. It works. I was trying to open JPEG files. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open multiple jpegs into Camera Raw from Bridge - just right click and "Open in Camera Raw"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ash much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines